United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
55,227 lol. Top tiers completly empty and sparse all around. Id guess no more than 40,000
This made me laugh though,pegs qoute:
The Carabao Cup is not a worry any more - we don't play until next season. It is the minor competition we are involved in. We want to win and we are disappointed."

So its such a minor competition he played almost his 1st 11 where all other PL teams heavily rotated
Not forgetting it formed part of his glorious first season at ragsville
Now it's regarded as "minor"

Love that Fellani is their best player. And that Lukaku is their only other scoring option.

No better than Everton under Moyes.

( To be fair to Moyes if they signed Lukaku when he was there they’d probably be a lot better off)

55,227 lol. Top tiers completly empty and sparse all around. Id guess no more than 40,000
This made me laugh though,pegs qoute:
The Carabao Cup is not a worry any more - we don't play until next season. It is the minor competition we are involved in. We want to win and we are disappointed."

So its such a minor competition he played almost his 1st 11 where all other PL teams heavily rotated

This and the fa cup are two competitions they should be taking seriously now they are 8 points off the top and there is no chance they will win the champions league.

The press should be crucifying the rag support for last nights crowd for not turning up and taking seriously their only realistic chance of silverware.

There is certainly an amusing aspect to the grand delusions of United fans who rubbished Pep & touted Mou. The legacy of negative football and failing to integrate/develop youth much less neuter attacking talents. I'm reminded of an excerpt from a Chris Rock joke about a tiger that attacked Ziegfried & Roy years ago in Vegas, pointing out the tiger didn't go crazy it just went 'tiger'. Same with Mou, there's nothing unusual here it's merely business as usual with him - Mou is as Mou does

They deserve the mess they are in
Yeah, pretty much agree really. I'm not sure I would have dared predict things would go this badly, in particular I'd have maybe expected Mou to do a bit better in his first couple of seasons, but the toxic environment, negative football and splits in the fan base and club by year 3 of his period in charge were entirely predictable. There should be nothing surprising about this. He's left under a cloud in three of his last four jobs (Chelsea x2 and Real).

It was a poor appointment on so many levels, but quite funny to see united fans and the club's perception of themselves as unique, special bastions of some great footballing tradition come into contact with football reality (or "heritage", as Mou would say!). In fact I'd argue the "united way" is massively holding them back now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.