Hoffenheim away travel

As I worked years in Frankfurt - do you want traditional Frankfurt ones or something like the Irish Pub?

I would have answered with another bar in the business district - but the one near the train station is fine. But yes, usually it is Frankfurt - and Sachsenhausen with its traditional Äppler restaurants (restaurant sounds a little bit to "luxurious" for that usually is a must. My father has been working in a company that exported farmer goods into all kinds of the world and when his customers visited it was the place he took them - sometimes he took us, too. Often it was customers from Arab countries - their English was terrible - the same as my father's. But they somehow never had problems to understand each other as they probably have learned the same words...

Not just Äppler - Handkäs mit Music (some kind of cheese in vinegar and oil with many onions - or eggs with green sauce are the delicacies you have to try)

Any, not really bothered if it’s traditional or not just wherever you think is the best place to go. I’m in Frankfurt Monday and Tuesday so can’t imagine there being anywhere too lively on them days so just somewhere with a decent atmosphere and maybe some place that can cater for my terrible German skills.

Danke sie

Any, not really bothered if it’s traditional or not just wherever you think is the best place to go. I’m in Frankfurt Monday and Tuesday so can’t imagine there being anywhere too lively on them days so just somewhere with a decent atmosphere and maybe some place that can cater for my terrible German skills.

Danke sie

Spend an evening in Sachsenhausen. There is plenty of traditional German restaurants/bars - one next too each other. You can get the usual Äppler (apple cider) there but you will find beer, too.

Look for the area around "Kleine Rittergasse" "Große Rittergasse" "Klappergasse" "Paradiesgasse" - there you will find places like Frau Rauscher, Dauth-Schneider, Lorsbacher Tal - but there is e.g. the Hooters Frankfurt and O'Dwyers Irish Pub and other more international places, too.

The Irish Pub I have been to Frankfurt with a good atmosphere is the "Fox and the Hound" (adress: Niedenau 2 - it is not far from the Frankfurt train station, too) - it is in the bank district - the usual guests there aren't tourists but the people that work in the offices around.

Last edited:
No ticket yet and fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow because I fly to Nuremberg to start the trip on Saturday morning!

I spoke to the ticket office earlier. They told me tickets have been sent out recorded delivery in two batches. 1st one yesterday and the 2nd one today, so the latest they'll arrive should be Friday afternoon

I spoke to the ticket office earlier. They told me tickets have been sent out recorded delivery in two batches. 1st one yesterday and the 2nd one today, so the latest they'll arrive should be Friday afternoon
That's fine, but with recorded delivery doesn't someone have to be in to sign for it? It's better in normal post - I'm at work tomorrow! WTF are they leaving it so late?

Spend an evening in Sachsenhausen. There is plenty of traditional German restaurants/bars - one next too each other. You can get the usual Äppler (apple cider) there but you will find beer, too.

Look for the area around "Kleine Rittergasse" "Große Rittergasse" "Klappergasse" "Paradiesgasse" - there you will find places like Frau Rauscher, Dauth-Schneider, Lorsbacher Tal - but there is e.g. the Hooters Frankfurt and O'Dwyers Irish Pub and other more international places, too.

The Irish Pub I have been to Frankfurt with a good atmosphere is the "Fox and the Hound" (adress: Niedenau 2 - it is not far from the Frankfurt train station, too) - it is in the bank district - the usual guests there aren't tourists but the people that work in the offices around.

Thanks mate.

That's fine, but with recorded delivery doesn't someone have to be in to sign for it? It's better in normal post - I'm at work tomorrow! WTF are they leaving it so late?

Sorry... meant tracked delivery... which is different I think?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.