Hoffenheim away travel

Staying where? My dad-in-law and I are staying in Heidelberg, so might get the “Tages-Karte” 2 persons, so we’ll get a return to Sinsheim for about 22,30 euros

Me and my lad travelling from Nuremburg to Heidelberg on Tuesday am(going to Ingolstadt v U Berlin Monday night)booking in hotel then on the piss basically staying in Heidelberg after the match.Thought our match tickets would do Heidelberg to Sinheim and back for the train? On Wed its the train for me and my lad up to Dusseldorf for an early evening flight to Manc.

Me and my lad travelling from Nuremburg to Heidelberg on Tuesday am(going to Ingolstadt v U Berlin Monday night)booking in hotel then on the piss basically staying in Heidelberg after the match.Thought our match tickets would do Heidelberg to Sinheim and back for the train? On Wed its the train for me and my lad up to Dusseldorf for an early evening flight to Manc.

Match tickets will do the train from Heidelberg to Sinsheim. I need to pick up tickets in Sinsheim before the game - so cant get it that way.

As much as I know (have it from the Hoffenheim club page) the tickets include the train tickets by regional transfer (trains or busses) in the RNV (Rhein-Neckar-Verkehrsbund). Tickets from Frankfurt to Sinsheim or Heidelberg aren't included - but tickets from e.g. Heidelberg to Sinsheim and back for the match.

Additional trains for the match to and from the Arena into various regions can be seen in the following PDF (starting in Ludwigshafen with stops in Mannheim, Heidelberg etc. ending at the arena - and back)

http://www.s-bahn-rheinneckar.de/s_...erkehre/2018/mdb_279538_181002aushmancity.pdf

Really helpful this - my wife and I are staying in Heidelberg Monday - Thursday

So getting to the match and back will not be a problem at all it seems

No. It should not. If you look for the train (if you do not take one of the above mentioned) look that you only take regional trains that are part of the RNV (Rhein-Neckar-Verkehr GmbH) as they are included into the ticket price.

Anyone know if its less expensive to book trains before you go on DB or is it more or less the same if you rock up on the day and just choose selected trains?

You cannot really answer that question. There is always a contingent of Spartickets with cheaper prices if you book earlier - but there is restrictions with them as they might not be refundable or changeable. And there is other possibilities like group tickets if you take special tickets or make special tours. If you e.g. go from Frankfurt to the area in regional trains you could take the Hessenticket that costs 35 EUR with 5 persons - if I am not wrong it will get you to Sinsheim like this as the ticket is free in the RNV area that should border to Hessen.

----

Give me concrete questions about the times and ways you travel and I might be able to help you or find you the cheapest solutions. But I do not give a guarantee, that it is the cheapest way.

There is e.g. a Flixbus from Frankfurt central via Frankfurt airport to Heidelberg, too.

https://www.flixbus.com/bus-routes/...wt_eid=2153808226110529941&wt_t=1538082274561

(This is better to be booked online as the price online is a lot cheaper than in the bus)

Last edited:
As much as I know (have it from the Hoffenheim club page) the tickets include the train tickets by regional transfer (trains or busses) in the RNV (Rhein-Neckar-Verkehrsbund). Tickets from Frankfurt to Sinsheim or Heidelberg aren't included - but tickets from e.g. Heidelberg to Sinsheim and back for the match.

Additional trains for the match to and from the Arena into various regions can be seen in the following PDF (starting in Ludwigshafen with stops in Mannheim, Heidelberg etc. ending at the arena - and back)

http://www.s-bahn-rheinneckar.de/s_...erkehre/2018/mdb_279538_181002aushmancity.pdf

No. It should not. If you look for the train (if you do not take one of the above mentioned) look that you only take regional trains that are part of the RNV (Rhein-Neckar-Verkehr GmbH) as they are included into the ticket price.

You cannot really answer that question. There is always a contingent of Spartickets with cheaper prices if you book earlier - but there is restrictions with them as they might not be refundable or changeable. And there is other possibilities like group tickets if you take special tickets or make special tours. If you e.g. go from Frankfurt to the area in regional trains you could take the Hessenticket that costs 35 EUR with 5 persons - if I am not wrong it will get you to Sinsheim like this as the ticket is free in the RNV area that should border to Hessen.
Cheers for that, I’ve just had a read of th e additional trains, do they run on the same line as the S5 as they run pretty frequently

Anyone know any decent boozers in Frankfurt? @Maldeika

As I worked years in Frankfurt - do you want traditional Frankfurt ones or something like the Irish Pub?

There is a decent enough Irish bar opposite the train station. Beyond that, try and get to the Sachsenhausen area south of the river. Local specialty is Äppler or Apfelwein (cider)

I would have answered with another bar in the business district - but the one near the train station is fine. But yes, usually it is Frankfurt - and Sachsenhausen with its traditional Äppler restaurants (restaurant sounds a little bit to "luxurious" for that usually is a must. My father has been working in a company that exported farmer goods into all kinds of the world and when his customers visited it was the place he took them - sometimes he took us, too. Often it was customers from Arab countries - their English was terrible - the same as my father's. But they somehow never had problems to understand each other as they probably have learned the same words...

Not just Äppler - Handkäs mit Music (some kind of cheese in vinegar and oil with many onions - or eggs with green sauce are the delicacies you have to try)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.