Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

I'd definitely have took the point prior,but fuck me........I'm speechless.

I'd have settled for a nil-nil. I've been keeping a communication blackout this afternoon and then my ERO phones when it's the pen. He says he wanted to phone to tell me we'd scored but his timing was as good as the refs' Fergie time and he was able to tell me Mahrez had missed! But why Mahrez? He's missed over 50% of the pens he's taken. Another example of anybody to take it bar the one who strolls up! Hey ho, we go again.

Okay, I think everyone needs to calm down a bit here and look at the bigger picture

• A draw at Anfield is a great result. It's our trickiest fixture all year, now it's out of the way and Liverpool are below us in the standings
  • The Mahrez miss was bad. It was an awful penalty. He deserves criticism for that. That doesn't mean he's a flop our not our quality. Anyone who thinks 1 penalty determines that is beyond saving. I also must've missed Aguero and Sterling's brilliant play today but there must be a reason they're exempt from criticism
  • Last year when Pep didn't change his tactics, we got battered at Anfield and he rightfully got loads of criticism. This year, he changed his tactics and it worked...and people are still screaming at him. Relax
The missed penalty stings but end of the day this is a good result for us and a poor one for Liverpool. We're top of the table!

Like to think I can be objective, and in all honesty, I don't think we deserved to win the game. Certainly didn't think we deserved anything less than a point, but it was a solid performance for long spells of the game and should give everyone optimism. Anyone can miss a penalty so no point getting hung up on that or the player who missed.

There is still a great deal of work to be one on touch, possession, and the pass in the final third (for every player), but we're in good shape.

Why why why why??? Haven't we sorted out order of play in who takes a feckin penalty. Sergio..no 1..jesus 2..if they don't fancy it then it goes to sane etc.. did paisley n shanks grab his arms and lay him back to balloon it over.? The hoodoo goes on. I am happy with a point I guess.

Says it all. What the fuck was he thinking.

Never let him near one again Pep.
saying on the tv that the instruction for Mharez to take it came from the bench! saying that gabby aint great at penalties either so it was a bit of a lottery but he should at least hit the target and make the keeper save it

I'd have taken a point, but the late penalty miss is very deflating, almost feels like a defeat now. Still, a point in our toughest game of the season, could have been worse.

Gutted though, fucking hell Mahrez.

Did somebody post that due to yellow cards Fernandinho misses a few games now ?

Please tell me I didn’t read that ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.