Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, or even put it this way:
dippers needed a late screamer from Sturridge and Mahrez's miss to not being beaten 4 times in 10 days...

And Klopp insists on being "quite happy" with those 4 results. Surely he has to say that, though it's nonsense.

He also said he wanted to play the first 11 until this intl break.
From now on he will rotate!
He knows his bench has far less quality, but he has no choice in terms of energy levels.

Next year definitely will be their year.

Exactly. Said here that we’ll see how good they really are once this tough list of fixtures began, they were lucky to beat Spurs away, penalty for Spurs not given, then Draxler misses a sitter at 2-2, minutes later Firmino scores the winner vs PSG, beat Soton ok, got knocked out of the EFL Cup by Chelsea, needed a last minute screamer to draw at Stanford bridge, very lucky to only lose 1-0 away to Napoli, could of easily been 3 or 4 nil and finally Mahrez misses the penalty late in the game so we draw.

Salah looks like a shadow of himself since the shoulder injury, his confidence is shot. For example missed 3 clear cut chances against Chelsea, I saw, last season he has a hat trick there.

Fabinho? Where is he? £40m and he’s struggling to make sub appearances even. Jury is still out on Naby.

Van Dijk gets a lot of praise but nobody mentions he almost cost Liverpool the game in their biggest match so far on Sunday. Should of conceded two penalties really, a clear hand ball in the box imo.

I think we can now say that they won’t really challenge for the title this year.

Chelsea will finish above them.

They are spent after that first 25. They expand way too much energy and if you can keep them quiet during that period they will always drop points.

They will be there about, but we are better. We have better depth and a much more manageable game plan over 90 minutes.
This! And I honestly don’t think we’re at our best yet!

I put that in my post as the home team it is on them to break us down but for one of the very few occasions Pep didn't go plan A and rightly so. That's credit to Liverpool and how much Pep thinks of them. Maybe they will bottle it, I hope they do but at the end of the day we aren't going to reach the total of points we did last year and they are certainly going to have more points so it is on us to do what we do. They had key areas that needed addressing which have been and only improves them as a challenger. We are a better team but we also haven't hit last seasons heights yet which hopefully with the return of KDB we will, what I wont be doing though is declaring us as champions 8 games in when it is as tight as it is.

You’re contradicting yourself.

You say we won’t hit the points total of last season, but so far, we’ve only dropped four, two of which were the result of a handball criminally missed by the officials. The other two were at Klanfield, where we lost last season.

You then say we haven’t hit the heights of last season and still have KdB to come back.

So which is it?

I think we sculpted Milner into the more complete footballer he is today. He’s playing well for them and has a lot of nouse compared to the rest. Wish him all the best.. and happy when he’s not on their teemsheet.

He didn’t play well in the last hour of the game yesterday, which was my point.

It looks like he’s run himself into the ground and got injured.

He’s no good to Klippety on the treatment table.

He didn’t play well in the last hour of the game yesterday, which was my point.

It looks like he’s run himself into the ground and got injured.

He’s no good to Klippety on the treatment table.
Agree. And who else do they have who’s been there and won it.

I've said that they are the team to beat this season,they have adapted quickly and are getting the results,flying right under the radar
Chelsea and Liverpool will be top 4 quite easily, both will be way behind us in the end, Chelsea don’t have enough goals in the team long term and if Hazard were to get injured they couldn’t cope whilst we are top without KDB

With the same logic their keeper didn't need to make a serious save did he? I liked the way we played, we was more set up not to lose and we didn't. On Liverpool to break us down and they struggled. I think we edged it, arrogantly disregarding them is nothing but foolish though.

What match were you watching ? He made two excellent saves from Mahrez at the near post , and we dominated the 2nd half with chances and shots a nailed on penalty when VVD handled and the penalty we missed , if that is playing to avoid defeat i will take it everyday. If you going to post "logic" then try and be f*cking logical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.