Pop up ads

It’s getting worse. I get congratulations every 2 minutes now. I can hear cliff Richard in my head.

BM is infested with pop ups trying to con you.

Never considered leaving BM before. What’s the second best City forum?!

It’s getting worse. I get congratulations every 2 minutes now. I can hear cliff Richard in my head.

Try clearing your cookies and history,then log back in,seems to have stopped for me now,you using an iPad or iPhone by any chance ..

Try clearing your cookies and history,then log back in,seems to have stopped for me now,you using an iPad or iPhone by any chance ..

Did all that a while ago and it made no difference. It came up again as I was typing this!

Yeah iPad safari.

I've had to put the ad blocker back sadly (sorry @Ric) and I'm on Chrome/Win 10. iPads and Safari do seem particularity vulnerable I'm afraid. Try Chrome with an ad blocker temporarily.

Edit: I might add that I've done multiple cleanings with CCleaner and checks with Windows Defender & Malwarebytes (nothing nasty there) but without an ad blocker it will come back randomly through BM only.

I've had to put the ad blocker back sadly (sorry @Ric) and I'm on Chrome/Win 10. iPads and Safari do seem particularity vulnerable I'm afraid. Try Chrome with an ad blocker temporarily.

Edit: I might add that I've done multiple cleanings with CCleaner and checks with Windows Defender & Malwarebytes (nothing nasty there) but without an ad blocker it will come back randomly through BM only.

They've made another change now which they have said should've fixed it. Can you disable AdBlocker and see if you're still having problems?

Bollocks, sorry @Ric but just had a redirect to nextoptim.com which Adguard blocked as a potential phishing site. The Adblocker part of Adguard was disabled for Bluemoon but it still watches for dodgy goings on. Still on Win 10/Chrome 64 bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.