Pop up ads

The dreaded advert redirects (Congrats Google, Amazon, others) are back again on iOS, and with a vengeance.

Nearly every page click now gets redirected to these adverts. I had to go back to this original page six times just to post this (as it kept redirecting before I could hit reply, even with typing this out in the notes app on my iPhone).

I’ve just started using the “Turn off JavaScript” solution to stop the redirects because they have made BM unusable. but, as I have confirmed in the past, you have to remember to turn it back on when visiting most other sites, otherwise content won’t load properly and those sites become unusable.

The dreaded advert redirects (Congrats Google, Amazon, others) are back again on iOS, and with a vengeance.

Nearly every page click now gets redirected to these adverts. I had to go back to this original page six times just to post this (as it kept redirecting before I could hit reply, even with typing this out in the notes app on my iPhone).

I’ve just started using the “Turn off JavaScript” solution to stop the redirects because they have made BM unusable. but, as I have confirmed in the past, you have to remember to turn it back on when visiting most other sites, otherwise content won’t load properly and those sites become unusable.

I have found a solution to this, which is when first opening Bluemoon and when you receive the pop up to “Accept All”, instead of accepting, click on ‘show purposes’, click on this instead and then when the next window pops up, at top, select “Reject all”. Sorted it for me this has. No more annoying google or whatever other congratulations you have won. Unless of course you later clear cookies, in which case you will need to do this process again.

Last edited:
I have found a solution to this, which is when first opening Bluemoon and when you receive the pop up to “Accept All”, instead of accepting, click on ‘more options’ I think it states underneath, click on this instead and then when the next window pops up, at top select “Reject all”. Sorted it for me this has. No more annoying google or whatever other congratulations you have won. Unless of course you later clear cookies, in which case you will need to do this process again.
Thanks for the effort but, unfortunately, there are no such options for these redirects on iOS. The browser force redirects to a blank page with a fake iOS prompt that only has the option ‘Close’ (the BM content goes away completely). If you click that, it then redirects to the fake Google, Amazon, etc advert pages, whichvtgemselves only have links that would lead to the scam sites.

You usually have to close the browser tab completely and reopen a new one to navigate back to BM, where the cycle often repeats.

Thanks for the effort but, unfortunately, there are no such options for these redirects on iOS. The browser force redirects to a blank page with a fake iOS prompt that only has the option ‘Close’ (the BM content goes away completely). If you click that, it then redirects to the fake Google, Amazon, etc advert pages, whichvtgemselves only have links that would lead to the scam sites.

You usually have to close the browser tab completely and reopen a new one to navigate back to BM, where the cycle often repeats.
I use iOS on ipad all the time but the pop up is based around GDPR and looking at your profile you are in Boston so I guess you don’t get this pop up which relates to Data Protection. Sorry I couldnt help you, must be bloody frustrating!

I have edited my post above from ‘ more options to ‘show purposes’.

I use iOS on ipad all the time but the pop up is based around GDPR and looking at your profile you are in Boston so I guess you don’t get this pop up which relates to Data Protection. Sorry I couldnt help you, must be bloody frustrating!

I have edited my post above from ‘ more options to ‘show purposes’.
That’s right, I do not — I get something like you describe when back in Manchester (though, not sure it was relegated to these adverts), but GDPR is not integrated within American internet networks (as much as I still have to deal with it daily in my work), so no protection there.

Thanks for the effort to help, though!

I have found a solution to this, which is when first opening Bluemoon and when you receive the pop up to “Accept All”, instead of accepting, click on ‘show purposes’, click on this instead and then when the next window pops up, at top, select “Reject all”. Sorted it for me this has. No more annoying google or whatever other congratulations you have won. Unless of course you later clear cookies, in which case you will need to do this process again.
Surely doing that just stops you getting tailored adverts? I'm not convinced that will solve it myself. I was using an Ad blocker (sorry Ric) due to redirects on a Win/Chrome PC but I've disabled it for the site after a good clean out, I'll see if there's anymore since I tried your method.

Surely doing that just stops you getting tailored adverts? I'm not convinced that will solve it myself. I was using an Ad blocker (sorry Ric) due to redirects on a Win/Chrome PC but I've disabled it for the site after a good clean out, I'll see if there's anymore since I tried your method.
I have had no problems since using the “reject all” button from the process I mention above. I was prior to this on iOS getting the google or apple congrats pop up. Each time I cleared it by cleaning my history and cache. As soon as I used bluemoon again I would “Accept All” and then it would pop up again. Each time I cleared cache and each time it came back. I decided not to “Accept All” and chose the process above and since then no more problems. Don’t get me wrong I have in the past not had the congrats pop up when Accept All has been clicked on. This congrats pop up virus seems to come and go a few weeks at a time.

Be warned if you clear your cache/history after doing this it could come back again until you “reject all” again.

Thanks for flagging. Will let the ad company know and hopefully get it resolved asap.
Thanks for your efforts, Ric!

Unfortunately, I am getting them a lot now (regardless of which browser I use in iOS), after a short respite over the last few weeks.

I received three redirects (I pushed through by force quitting Safari each time and reopening) just to get this page to load so I could post about the issue.

I’ve cleared my website data several times this morning (even though I know it usually doesn’t work) and even turned off JavaScript (which does prevent the issues) until I realised, beyond just other sites no longer loading correctly with JavaScript off, a lot of BM functionality goes away with it off, as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.