“City Matters” fan committee

Thats a very good point re£30 tickets at £60 for me and the lad we can do it at £140 for london aways we are deffo out the game

With all the money still swirling around the prem I doubt the clubs would vote not to continue with the £30 cap.

That may be the case, so it needs stricter control, not ballots.

I know people who I’ve been friends with for over 25 years who go to the odd game yet are still able to get tickets for the ‘big’ games. Why’s that? Because every week their tickets are sold through their branch.

I take it by "through their branch" you mean sold by the holder to someone who happens to be a member of the same branch, in a completely private transaction? As a member of a supporters club we (a) get a very small allocation of tickets in relation to the number we apply for (approx 20% I'd say on average) which then go in a ballot and (b) it's made absolutely clear that if you can apply with your own points, do so but, if you obtain a ticket through the club it's not transferable under any circumstances. Again, it's my understanding that City will come down heavily on any supporter and/or supporters club breaching those rules, unless you're telling me something different happens at other clubs.

Change can be difficult to both accept and implement in life in general so I'm sure it's no different at Manchester City

I don't have a vested interest in the away ticket priority process. However, reading thru this thread and others historically
it's a tough discussion, that usually ends up with responses something like, Swansea away went to general sale or it is
impossible to defend a change in process that could possibly deny persons who have been to nearly every away for long
time an away ticket.

However, I have noted on the forum that many have said the club now allows a higher % away tickets to be purchased by
both I think the new tunnel club and previously by Joe's and or others? This change has been implemented by the club. It
will of course mean a number of loyal season ticket holders with far more points than I will ever have, will then of course
not get a ticket for some away games than they would have.I'm not saying this is right or wrong but it's significant change.

Therefore if the Club feel it needs to implement this major change with the resultant negative impact on those affected by
it, then those not impacted by that change, cannot say the current process cannot be changed to impact them negatively?

I repeat I have no vested interest.

There are lots of season ticket holders who over the years, in their view, have been impacted negatively over changes that
have been implemented by the club.

I just hope that the people who want to be involved in reviewing this process and any other, truly believe that they can step
back to clean sheet process & once all parties have had their views taken into account, be strong enough to make change,
if they believe it necessary, for a positive future

I take it by "through their branch" you mean sold by the holder to someone who happens to be a member of the same branch, in a completely private transaction? As a member of a supporters club we (a) get a very small allocation of tickets in relation to the number we apply for (approx 20% I'd say on average) which then go in a ballot and (b) it's made absolutely clear that if you can apply with your own points, do so but, if you obtain a ticket through the club it's not transferable under any circumstances. Again, it's my understanding that City will come down heavily on any supporter and/or supporters club breaching those rules, unless you're telling me something different happens at other clubs.
And what i said earlier was that people who have the points should apply directly for the tickets.
The allocation for all the Supporters Clubs (if they are put to a ballot) may as well be stopped and given to an allocation that is an open ballot for everyone.

If that report is correct, then Arsenal who had the highest price home tickets also had the lowest price away tickets as they introduced a £4 subsidy on top, the irony!

You always bang on about younger fans, but its not only them. As I posted earlier, I was able to get a ticket for pretty much all the away games about 5 years ago, my only away game last year was in Ukraine (and a great time was had).

Despite being eligible for most away games, I often couldn't go because I work shifts and weekends, I also live a long way from Manchester, and every home game is like an away game for me, and so I prioritise those as a season card holder. I've done all the distant away games over the years, but because I could only ever manage 7 or 8 away games a season (and most home games), I fell back points wise each season, and about 5 years ago, it became difficult to get tickets, I then dropped platinum as it wasn't worth the extra £50 as my point got further and further behind the top ones.

I'm now luckily at a position in life where I could do most home and away games (financially and work wise), but only occasionally are my points good enough for away games. My lad is 28 (so part of your younger fans, and he's done the hard years since he was about 7 or 8), and just down to having platinum he's passed my points total, but we go together, so he can get some away tickets now but I can't, and so he's also not going as often.

Something needs to change to benefit ALL groups, not just one or another group, and like PB says those who go everywhere should continue to be the first priority, but we need a system that doesn't allow some fans to buy tickets with no intention of ever going to most, but just keeping their points total artificially high so they can pick and choose the top games, and just sell on to others the ones they're not arsed going too.

No idea what that system looks like, but hopefully we can find some compromise somehow, but for ALL groups not just yours.

You've basically explained why you don't qualify any more for tickets for the big away games.

I haven't missed a home game since 1976 and I typically do almost all domestic away games.

Perhaps the club could implement a system in which you have my ticket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.