“City Matters” fan committee

And what i said earlier was that people who have the points should apply directly for the tickets.
The allocation for all the Supporters Clubs (if they are put to a ballot) may as well be stopped and given to an allocation that is an open ballot for everyone.

It's an emotive subject supporters clubs and tickets, obviously at our club you are only in a ballot if you've applied to the club for a ticket and then the club have to inform City who the tickets are allocated to and their supporter number. Again I would reiterate that if there's any hint of transferring tickets City will impose a ban on that club applying for tickets. On balance, I'd probably be in favour of dispensing with supporters club allocations but I understand the contribution they made in the days when tickets weren't in the same demand as now and why others may not agree.

It's an emotive subject supporters clubs and tickets, obviously at our club you are only in a ballot if you've applied to the club for a ticket and then the club have to inform City who the tickets are allocated to and their supporter number. Again I would reiterate that if there's any hint of transferring tickets City will impose a ban on that club applying for tickets. On balance, I'd probably be in favour of dispensing with supporters club allocations but I understand the contribution they made in the days when tickets weren't in the same demand as now and why others may not agree.
Fair response mate

Whatever the future holds some people aren’t going to be happy.

That may be the case, so it needs stricter control, not ballots.

I know people who I’ve been friends with for over 25 years who go to the odd game yet are still able to get tickets for the ‘big’ games. Why’s that? Because every week their tickets are sold through their branch.
I agree, a ballot is illogical.

So the hard core, of about a thousand or less (I think it’s more like 500), follow City up and down the country, and abroad, to the unglamorous games but have to go into a ballot for the big games with people who haven’t gone up to the unglamorous games?

No, perhaps I explained it badly. I am saying we all want tickets for the Rags or Dippers and some moan about those fans on 20k+ points always getting those tickets. If these people want to increase their points they could have gone to Bristol or quite a few others that went very low or open sale, (Cardiff a nd Spurs away this season) I was trying to stick up for the twenty kayers ! They have done the hard graft pre 2011/12 and should not now be subject to a lottery.

No, perhaps I explained it badly. I am saying we all want tickets for the Rags or Dippers and some moan about those fans on 20k+ points always getting those tickets. If these people want to increase their points they could have gone to Bristol or quite a few others that went very low or open sale, (Cardiff away this season) I was trying to stick up for the twenty kayers ! They have done the hard graft pre 2011/12 and should not now be subject to a lottery.
Fair enough mate.

You in Lyon?

No, perhaps I explained it badly. I am saying we all want tickets for the Rags or Dippers and some moan about those fans on 20k+ points always getting those tickets. If these people want to increase their points they could have gone to Bristol or quite a few others that went very low or open sale, (Cardiff a nd Spurs away this season) I was trying to stick up for the twenty kayers ! They have done the hard graft pre 2011/12 and should not now be subject to a lottery.

What about the people too young to have done the hard graft prior to 11/12? What about the City fans who weren’t even born prior to 11/12? They get the opportunity to go to 3 or 4 out of 25 away games a season and even when they do go, they still lose ground over the course of the season if those ahead of them are buying up all the tickets, often to sell on to the younger fans who do want to go but can’t due to the loyalty point system. Just like FFP, it’s a closed shop and the present system favours a small minority and makes it nigh on impossible for those of a certain age to go because the drawbridge has already been pulled up.

What about the people too young to have done the hard graft prior to 11/12? What about the City fans who weren’t even born prior to 11/12? They get the opportunity to go to 3 or 4 out of 25 away games a season and even when they do go, they still lose ground over the course of the season if those ahead of them are buying up all the tickets, often to sell on to the younger fans who do want to go but can’t due to the loyalty point system. Just like FFP, it’s a closed shop and the present system favours a small minority and makes it nigh on impossible for those of a certain age to go because the drawbridge has already been pulled up.

Anyone who is even slighty interested in City could have got tickets for Spurs this season, Cardiff went to very low points, there's 80 if you are on Platignum (which is another arguement altogether.) Bristol City away, a semi final went to open sale !! Some, not all, don't want to travel to the far away matches especially when it is on TV but moan when they can't get Liverpool away. Every League Cup and Champs League at home is open sale to fans. So points can be built up if you put some miles in or go to less popular matches. I accept that some ticketholders on high points buy them just sell them on but does that mean that fans who have been there week in week out should suffer ? Newcastle away last season, a shit January night, midweek and on tele, but they still went. There is no easy answer but to penalise someone who was going to shit games under Pearce is wrong.
Footnote. I am on 14,300 pts. so not looking to do a FFP from the inside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.