“City Matters” fan committee

Anyone who is even slighty interested in City could have got tickets for Spurs this season, Cardiff went to very low points, there's 80 if you are on Platignum (which is another arguement altogether.) Bristol City away, a semi final went to open sale !! Some, not all, don't want to travel to the far away matches especially when it is on TV but moan when they can't get Liverpool away. Every League Cup and Champs League at home is open sale to fans. So points can be built up if you put some miles in or go to less popular matches. I accept that some ticketholders on high points buy them just sell them on but does that mean that fans who have been there week in week out should suffer ? Newcastle away last season, a shit January night, midweek and on tele, but they still went. There is no easy answer but to penalise someone who was going to shit games under Pearce is wrong.
Footnote. I am on 14,300 pts. so not looking to do a FFP from the inside.

Last season, there were like 3 Premier League games that someone on a lower number (e.g. 6k) could have gone to (on a separate note, I don’t remember Bristol being on general sale but might be wrong). Even if they did go to all of them, they still would not have bridged the gap between them and those above them. The gap would have got bigger and gets bigger every year. People know that so they just buy second hand which leads to a bigger market for second hand tickets which leads to more of those with higher loyalty points selling them on. It really is a closed shop.

The consequence of this is an away fanbase that gets older and older. One of the best atmospheres last season was Stoke away (which went to a lower number) because the younger fans were able to go and because it was a rare away day for them, they made a shitload of noise. While you’ll always get a small number of younger fans (almost always getting their tickets 2nd hand), the average age of our away support must easily be one of, if not, the oldest in the league. Fair play to those who go and have been going over the years, they’re loyal fans and a credit to City but my point isn’t that they shouldn’t go, it’s that the system should still favour them but to a lesser degree. Doing that allows the younger fans more of a chance to go allowing a more varied age-range at the games and I think a better atmosphere as a result. You might think it unfair that some of our loyalest fans don’t get automatic carte blanche for every single game every single year but that’s actually the case now. There’s plenty of younger fans who love City just as much as previous generations but never get the chance to show it because of the loyalty points system (bar 3 or 4 of the hardest to get to aways of the season). That’s not fair and the system needs to change to reflect that.

To help younger fans City could possibly give say 25% of all away allocations to fans 16 to 25 say.

They still use the points system.

Last season, there were like 3 Premier League games that someone on a lower number (e.g. 6k) could have gone to (on a separate note, I don’t remember Bristol being on general sale but might be wrong). Even if they did go to all of them, they still would not have bridged the gap between them and those above them. The gap would have got bigger and gets bigger every year. People know that so they just buy second hand which leads to a bigger market for second hand tickets which leads to more of those with higher loyalty points selling them on. It really is a closed shop.

The consequence of this is an away fanbase that gets older and older. One of the best atmospheres last season was Stoke away (which went to a lower number) because the younger fans were able to go and because it was a rare away day for them, they made a shitload of noise. While you’ll always get a small number of younger fans (almost always getting their tickets 2nd hand), the average age of our away support must easily be one of, if not, the oldest in the league. Fair play to those who go and have been going over the years, they’re loyal fans and a credit to City but my point isn’t that they shouldn’t go, it’s that the system should still favour them but to a lesser degree. Doing that allows the younger fans more of a chance to go allowing a more varied age-range at the games and I think a better atmosphere as a result. You might think it unfair that some of our loyalest fans don’t get automatic carte blanche for every single game every single year but that’s actually the case now. There’s plenty of younger fans who love City just as much as previous generations but never get the chance to show it because of the loyalty points system (bar 3 or 4 of the hardest to get to aways of the season). That’s not fair and the system needs to change to reflect that.

Just to pick upon one point there, why did Stoke go so low ? it is easy and cheap to get to even for a mid week match ? I was really pissed off when they went down with West Brom !
Going back to your points. I accept it is very hard to get a fair system but when you have done the likes of Southampton, Newcastle and Brighton for the last few seasons you would be really pissed off if you missed out on Liverpool. Perhaps they should be graded, midweek games more than 50 miles away gets double points (and then London Blues get a benefit from doing the 200 miles every other week - Hi guys)

I think it’s interesting that this thread is dominated by chat about away ticket criteria, which affects relatively few City fans. If this is the total scope of the focus group then for most fans it will be a waste of time.

Yeh sorry, we are kind of side tracking, their are other (bigger ?) issues I will leave it there.

I think it’s interesting that this thread is dominated by chat about away ticket criteria, which affects relatively few City fans.
It doesn't, it affects all those that want to go, and while we may only get 1200 tickets for say Bournemouth, it doesn't only affect those 1200.

If they were available we could probably take 20000 to trafford, so it affects those 17200 that don't get one. We're getting 3000 for West Ham for a 3pm Saturday kick off, and we could probably have taken 5-6000 if available.

Could the club offer a variety of season tickets to people with a ton of points (say the top 1000) that allows them a ticket to every game home and away?

Then take the remainder of away tickets to ballot.

Could the club offer a variety of season tickets to people with a ton of points (say the top 1000) that allows them a ticket to every game home and away?

Then take the remainder of away tickets to ballot.

What about those fans between 1001 & 3000 who have been attending most away games for years?

I'm not one of them, by the way, as my days of attending all home and nearly all aways were in the 70s & 80s and I only attend home games now.

What about those fans between 1001 & 3000 who have been attending most away games for years?

I'm not one of them, by the way, as my days of attending all home and nearly all aways were in the 70s & 80s and I only attend home games now.

Then they get proportionally more ballot entries based on points.

Can I ask that we suggest to the club that they ban certain journalists/reporters/newspapers for some of the most disgusting vitriolic pieces I have seen and heard this week regarding the German newspaper reports and the disgusting statement this morning on Talksport from Mr Dillon re David Silva’s Son.
Enough is enough, I’ve followed the Blues for 46 years and the level of bias and nasty reporting on us these days is now past a joke, it is way too personal for the club to sit back and take it.
Regards
Gary

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.