Restricted Betting

Good few years ago there was a punter who would turn up every few days a so and smash the fav in race after race, that was free money soon as u knew he was about was as simple as backing the fav and watching him steam it in.

That was a cracking trade few years back when we played Chelsea in the FA cup.......
Pellegrini said he was taking the kids....Chelsea were around 1.85 and crashed below 1.4 on team news being announced

I know very little about betting but always wondered if bookies are legally obliged to pay out on a big win?
Just say you had a fiver on a 10 team accumulator that you put on in store or online and the winnings were a hundred grand or so, would they have to pay out?
Surely with the amount of people betting, somebody somewhere gets a big win every weekend amongst all the people losing hefty and small amounts.

The bookies are known to cancel bets yes - they use one of their T&Cs that says they can cancel any bet accepted in error or a "palpable error".

The big bookies don't tend to cancel - they prefer to use it for free press - such as the guy who had the 5000/1 on Leicester or Bet Fred paying out early then having to pay out again. The payout of £25k or whatever is normally a lot less than the amount of exporsude they get would have cost.

Have a look on Sports Book Reviews for some dodgy reviews on some dodgy bookies. You will also notice even the likes of WH and Ladbrokes are registered in strange places - "local" Fred is registered in Gibraltar....non EU country, not covered under GDPR properly and probably paying a lot less Corp Tax.

Good few years ago there was a punter who would turn up every few days a so and smash the fav in race after race, that was free money soon as u knew he was about was as simple as backing the fav and watching him steam it in.

My old man used to work for major bookies in the 90s - when he worked in Fallowfield an aging Irishman used to come in every Friday, covered in paint/tar/brick dust - he would roll out a bundle of £20 or £50 notes - normally between £1000-£2000, place it all on an odds on horse - watch the race, if he lost he just got up and left if he won he'd collect his winnings and leave. Some of the time they didn't have enough to pay him so he would wait until the next week.

Last edited:
2 more bookings for Holland would have been useful tonight for my 175/1 wager.

At the derby a few seasons back there was a guy sat behind me talking on his phone all match. I thought he was a rag at first but he was giving a running commentary on the game with code based on which team had the ball and how close they were to scoring. So if the ball was in midfield with City in possession he would say something like 'blue one', and then 'blue two' if we moved into their half. I remember United scoring and he was shouting 'red five' as the shot was taken and 'goal red' as the ball went over the line. I'm guessing he was on his phone to a mate trying to get an edge on the in-play market, by removing the few second broadcast delay?

At the derby a few seasons back there was a guy sat behind me talking on his phone all match. I thought he was a rag at first but he was giving a running commentary on the game with code based on which team had the ball and how close they were to scoring. So if the ball was in midfield with City in possession he would say something like 'blue one', and then 'blue two' if we moved into their half. I remember United scoring and he was shouting 'red five' as the shot was taken and 'goal red' as the ball went over the line. I'm guessing he was on his phone to a mate trying to get an edge on the in-play market, by removing the few second broadcast delay?
I would guess he was the opposite, someone working for the bookies to make sure no one at the match was gaining an advantage. Have a look at a bet365 in play betting on a live game. Team A attack, Team A dangerous attack etc.

Mostly like someone on the other end of the line betting on the unders/correct score markets...closer the game gets to the end the more the odds drop dramatically with a sub/goal kick/injury.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.