Nigel De Jong

Are you saying that if Stuart Holden was fit, USA would've won the 2010 World Cup?
I said hurt our chances, not really sure how that is a controversial statement. No, I don't think that there was any chance we would have won even with a fit Stu, but we would have had a better chance of beating Ghana in the last 16.

Having a view at the replay, I don't see the intent though it was dangerous by going over the top of the ball. Nagbe beats him to the ball, and his ankle is where the ball was a split second prior. The potential for damage is always there when going over the top and worthy of a red card. Nigel had a bad rap coming to the MLS, and people were chomping at the bit to catch him in the act. The league is trying to rid itself of bad tackles and become a little more respectable, what better timing than having a high profile player to punish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.