Mangala joins Valencia on a Permanent deal

Really?

Redundancy does not describe Mangala’s situation at all. I think there might be a few people that have experienced that in real life that might take exception to that comparison.

That’s a step too far for me. I’m not even going to argue the point it’s that ridiculous.

Being "redudant" and "redundancy" have a different meaning. What is he if not redundant to City as a football team? The management team have given him some chances, he hasn't taken them - the management team have looked elsewhere, making him "no longer needed or useful: superflous" which is the definition of "redundant". (*Oxford English Dictionary)

That was my use of the word, but even the engineering definition of the word fits "not strictly necessary to functioning but included in case of failure in another component" - I wasn't using the employment definition where your company offers you "redundancy".

We gave him that contract and it's our obligation to live up to it. It's not up to players to make sacrifices to save billionaire owners money every time a signing doesn't work out. I don't get that mentality.

Just because it's a bigger number doesn't change the fact that this is his job and he was promised a wage that he's entitled to. If my employer came to me and asked me to even take a minimal paycut I'd tell them to fuck off, I'm not sure why professional athletes are expected to take the high road.

Last chance to get a few quid for him.

I see Galatassaray were prepared to take him but only for free and if we paid his wages too.

Literally cannot give him away.

Last edited:
We gave him that contract and it's our obligation to live up to it. It's not up to players to make sacrifices to save billionaire owners money every time a signing doesn't work out. I don't get that mentality.

Just because it's a bigger number doesn't change the fact that this is his job and he was promised a wage that he's entitled to. If my employer came to me and asked me to even take a minimal paycut I'd tell them to fuck off, I'm not sure why professional athletes are expected to take the high road.

Absolutely! City were more than happy to pay the transfer and the wages. A contract is a contract and if it doesn't work out because of any number of reasons then it's bite the bullet time. The Mangler shouldn't be the one to make the sacrifice - it should be the one who sanctioned the affair in the first place.

Quite possibly the worst pound for pound centre-back we have bought in the last 20 years - it is of no surprise whatsoever that there are no takers(injury or no injury)

He’s shite and will probably be at Guigamp in a couple of years

Quite possibly the worst pound for pound centre-back we have bought in the last 20 years - it is of no surprise whatsoever that there are no takers(injury or no injury)

He’s shite and will probably be at Guigamp in a couple of years

Is that £ for £ or lb. for lb.? I'd put him way ahead of Tal Ben Haim! Say Gwigamp and yer get an English version of the French for Wigan!

Remember Nigel Clough? How many years did he stay on 'gardening leave' until we paid off his contract. Mangler no different except we managed to get him away on loan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.