2018, Albums of the Year?

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I was so disappointed by it. Pretty much every song is so much worse than the original. Not been out long but Rust is the only thing on it I’m still listening to.
Most are original classics and I agree most were not as good as the rawness of the originals but still enjoyed hearing these classics in a different format, love the new Cutter and like the two new ones. Funnily Rust is one of the few I was not keen on.

Does it count if released late last year...and i only discovered them this year??

Mildlife - Phase.......lovely album

This is ghost 4th album. I’ve known and liked them since just before their 2nd. It’s just different to most stuff I hear these days, cracking live also

Some more:

brian-jonestown-massacre-something-else.jpg

The Brian Jonestown Massacre “Something Else”

a4189788598_10.jpg

La Luz “Floating Features”

61iVF2JZjUL._SS500.jpg

Easy Giant “Old Rev”

iloveyoubutitsgoingtorain.jpg

Control Of The Going “I Love You But It’s Going To Rain”
(Manchester band)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, mine is:

gXd1Wse7_400x400.jpg

The Fernweh "The Fernweh"

https://www.piccadillyrecords.com/counter/product.php?pid=125947

Recorded in seclusion on the North Yorkshire coast and transporting listeners on musical journey. Three friends, Jamie Backhouse (guitars), Ned Crowther (vocals and guitar) and Oz Murphy (keys/saxophone) gathered to make the album they always knew they could make, based on a pure and profound love for a golden era for British and US folk rock. Wringing every last drop of their combined experience into a cup that overflows with melody, song craft and deeply evocative imagery of a quintessentially British era of ‘mainstream psychedelia’, they are joined by Maja Agnevik (vocals/flute) and Phil Murphy (drummer).

Melodies and stories inspired by distinctly British, coal-fired version of 60s/70s psychedelia. Layered vocal harmonies, gentle, steam-train percussion and strokes of piano, acoustic guitars and subtle string arrangements are a feature of this sublime and compelling debut. A return journey into Britain’s explosively creative, post-war period. Arriving back in 2018, the band uses such deeply evocative influences to deliver an irrepressible psych-pop-folk non-genre record.

STAFF COMMENTS
Andy says: No surprise this is released on The Coral's Skeleton Key label as this is a beautiful evocation of hazy Scouseadelia: early 70's UK folk and gentle psyche combined to glorious, otherworldly effect. Lovely stuff.

TRACK LISTING
1. The Liar
2. Next Time Around
3. Timepiece
4. Brightening In The West
5. Hand Me Down
6. Dressing Up Box
7. Is This Man Bothering You?
8. Winterlude
9. A Leaf Didn't Move
10. Where Did The Sea Go
11. One Hundred Flowers Bloom
12. New Brighton Sigh
13. Little Monsters
14. Afternoon Nap
Oh my word this is superb!!!

Thank you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.