2018, Albums of the Year?

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date

This is ghost 4th album. I’ve known and liked them since just before their 2nd. It’s just different to most stuff I hear these days, cracking live also

People keep telling me Ghost is a metal band. I just don't see it. Metal is about aggression, speed, anger and detuned guitars into Marshall stacks. These guys are like a Wiccan Goth band.

Last edited:
1. Tell Me How You Really Feel - Courtney Barnett
2. For Now - DMA's
3.Love Is A Basic Need - Embrace
4.Empty Words - Whyte Horses
5. Boarding House Reach - Jack White

Some great recommendations in here...my weekend listening has been laid out for me :-)

Maybe there should be a New Release / New Band recommendation thread...??

People keep telling me Ghost is a metal band. I just don't see it. Metal is about aggression, speed, anger and detuned guitars into Marshall stacks. Thede guys are like a Wiccan Goth band.
I’d agree that they aren’t a metal band, although they do have bits of heavy guitars now and again.
More like a metal band that writes pop songs for me, but I dig it

I hear ya. There are some tremendous tracks on that album.
Went to see him at the Academy in October and he was superb, to the point of watching him and thinking “fuck me that lad’s talented!”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.