Spurs’ new stadium

would be funny if man united take there manager and players before the new stadium is open hahahahahhaah

To a United fan who wants them to improve it would be amusing

when are they going to wake up and smell the coffee its not really jose or the players but them loony utd fans thinking they have the god given rights to win silverware and the premier league every season, football and premier league was dying of a quick and painful death, football fans and clubs was sick of united taking the piss and being asked to roll over for sky's tv money every season, so the premier league open its gates and asked for investment and wealthy people was sold on owning a big clubs

n

when are they going to wake up and smell the coffee its not really jose or the players but them loony utd fans thinking they have the god given rights to win silverware and the premier league every season, football and premier league was dying of a quick and painful death, football fans and clubs was sick of united taking the piss and being asked to roll over for sky's tv money every season, so the premier league open its gates and asked for investment and wealthy people was sold on owning a big clubs

n

When i grew up everyone was a glory hunting Liverpool fan, then it turned to United. I dont have any sympathy for their fans who had it so good. Just like Arsenal fans crying on Arsenal TV as if they have a right to be amongst the best. Spurs have only won two league cups in 27 years, half of them would have jumped ship years ago!!!

well thats cr*p - the allianz is out in a wasteland surround by motorways and railways where you can get away with anything, even a rubbish big set of lights that glow red for bayern and blue for 1860 - spurs are in the city and will be under much tougher planning regs

No shit Sherlock.

That doesn't mean that they can't come up with something more attractive than grey steel shutters on the facade though.

Herzog and de Meuron's stadium design for Chelsea is necessitated by the very limited space and serious issues with right to light at Stamford Bridge.

The cladding isn't dictated by by either of those things though.

It's more about aesthetics and creating something sympathetic to the surrounding environment.

A couple of observations on the the alleged single tier wall - apart from two blocks... it ISN'T a single tier. There's the disab blocks mostly slicing through the wall one third up, which basically turn it back into two tiers. Also there's the standard embarrassing corner dips at the top at either side because the stadium wall is too curved there (Arsenal have this problem all around their stadium) - shame because it reduces the impact of the 'wall'

So what?

To suggest that this is embarrassing is... well... a bit silly.

Hi - JPBB.

You truly are a loyal Spurs fan and fight your corner amongst us Blues without resorting to rudeness, well done.

By the way I really like your new stadium it looks the dogs bollocks and I hope you have some great times there apart from when we pay you a visit.

Still think Levy could have won some much needed friends by compensating City fans for that farce of a re-arranged match on a mud heap, you must have some sympathy with us over that PR disaster?

No shit Sherlock.

That doesn't mean that they can't come up with something more attractive than grey steel shutters on the facade though.

The cladding isn't dictated by by either of those things though.

It's more about aesthetics and creating something sympathetic to the surrounding environment.

What you mean, of course, is that YOU don't like the look of the new WHL. And that's fine. Each to their own. But don't be under the misapprehension that you are expressing anything other than a personal opinion. You are not stating fact.

You scornfully dismiss the veil as "grey steel shutters" yet laud the white plastic panels that cover the Allianz. Your prerogative entirely. But there is nothing inherently more aesthetically pleasing about the one than the other. It is in the eye of the beholder. That is all.

Personally, I prefer the use of different materials to create dynamic, flowing forms on the exterior of the new WHL to the blanket coverage of white PTFE on the Allianz but that doesn't make me right either.

It looks to me like this will easily be the best away ground in the country. Can’t wait to go there next season if it’s ready.

For a club that has only ever been league champions twice in their entire history (the most recent being nearly 60 years ago) they have done well for themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.