Spurs’ new stadium

I managed to blag corporate tickets behind our fans. Great looking stadium and the noise was really good when it got going. I had some handy parking 10 mins away but it looked like organised chaos heading back into central London. Can see there being problems at tastier fixtures against Arsenal, West Ham or Chelsea given the modest segregation between corporate and away fans around the corner - high wall and glass screen that wouldn't stop a determined thug. Corporate lounge had a feel of NFL about but very nice - felt quite crowded though and staff didn't really know what they were doing.

Head hit the pillow in Warrington at 2.45am. Thanks to the knobs who decided to reduce the Nth Circular down to 1 lane from 3 for roadworks and a well timed closure of the M6 meant for a detour towards Tamworth.
Were you near the theatrical spurs fan in corporate above 118 that was determined to cause trouble?
That glass wall will stop no one, if I'd paid all that money I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to be practically sat amongst the away fans

Were you near the theatrical spurs fan in corporate above 118 that was determined to cause trouble?
That glass wall will stop no one, if I'd paid all that money I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to be practically sat amongst the away fans

Walking down the tunnel at the end in 117 spurs fans were leaning over, and would be easy for less friendly fans to have a go at each other, I don't think it has been built with some fans being dicks taken into consideration

Last edited:
Walkimg down the tunnel at the end in 117 spurs fans were leaning over, and would be easy for less friendly fans to have a go at each other, I don't think it has been built with some fans being dicks taken into consideration
The dicks aren't supposed to be able to afford levy's prices, he got told their are no rich dicks and believes it. I am assuming that their are no mirrors in his mansion.

Yes, he was about 10 seats down. My host had a chat with him at HT and he was saying that he's normally a mild mannered guy but football brings out the worst in him. If he carries on like he did karma will catch up with him at some point. Strange that none of the stewards pulled him up because he was definitely the instigator.

JimB said:
Genuinely interested to learn why you believe Spurs to be a "fuck up of a club". Sure, we might not have won any trophies in a long time and we suffer our fair share of disappointments. And, yes, Levy is in the process of overseeing a huge construction project that will overrun by a couple of months (par for the course on such projects, by the way). But, even with your Man City hat on, can you not grudgingly concede that Spurs is one of the better run clubs anywhere? It might not operate the same model as your club's but, in almost every respect - first team; academy; stadium; training ground; finances - I'd have thought that Spurs is near the top of the curve.

To my mind, a fuck up of a club would be the likes of Leeds, Sunderland, Aston Villa, Newcastle, West Ham or....dare I say it......Man City prior to ADUG's intervention. All of them big clubs that, for whatever reason, massively and perennially underperform; get themselves into financial difficulty; get relegated; or move to a soulless athletics stadium with seats miles from the pitch and are then surprised when the fans loathe it!

I wouldn't yet totally rule out the possibility of the game being played on the Saturday at the new stadium. The Wembley option for the following Monday might well, at this stage, only be provisional.
I think the fuckup club reference is down to years of semi-mismanagement - Selling the best players, not buying, just about keeping Poch, not buiulding around Kane, Wembley last year, this year who knows where. All happening whilst the news seems to be filled about how Spurs are on the verge of winning things. It's a bit like a little-Liverpool.

I dont see it changing, Kane is brilliant, Poch is brilliant, now is the best chance ever to back the manager and build around Kane and he hasnt done it and doesnt look as if he will. It's all going a bit Matt Le Tissier with Kane imo.

I hope they achieve, I quite like spurs since 1981, good club, but the owner is a business man first and a spurs fan 2nd.

------------------------------------

Is JimB still here? Surely you've now seen the worst of what Levy brings He needs to go and not just because of the ESL stuff, the spurs fans are sick of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.