Liverpool (H) Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
was doing it before the goal at Sane, Aguero & Sterling. It was clear they had put so much in the first 60 & the intensity of the press had left them fatigued, that’s when players switch off.
This is generally why more goals are scored late in games, players get fatigued, game gets stretched, runs aren't tracked, especially by nominal attacking players. I'd hesitate to blame anyone for that goal, it was a superb ball in and a clever ball back across, but if it's anyone it's Sterling unfortunately. He made amends with the assist for the winner.

Just got home, what a game , what an atmosphere 3 important points still in delirium my dipperr friends crying it's a fix ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

It is a lack of concentration, but attacking players are all prone to it when it comes to defensive duties, hopefully the coaching staff will have analysed it, and pointed it to him. In fairness in most games there isn't such a requirement, as few of the FB's we play do that.

As I said I'm not digging Sterling out here, just defending Danilo, who did absolutely the right thing for me, and was unlucky he didn't get his head to it.
I replied to similar, in the move leading up to goal, firstly sane made lame effort to cover his full back and sterling did likewise on his side, not the job of our full backs in any system, you can only blame our wide players.

There has been some debate over Vinny's challenge , but in a nutshell , he played the ball , his follow through very slightly caught Salah , the Egyptian cheat then proceeded to make every effort to get Vinny sent off with his 360 degree double roll ending in his usual whinging and whining fetal position. But i actually think spit the dog got it right in his post match analysis he said 3 out of 10 refs would have sent Vinny off , and it is theonly time we have had a big decision in our favour against the Dippers in the last six matches
Dippers always have to blame someone or something , referee , vinny , 1.12cm , long grass , faulty goal line technlogy best centre half in the world , but we beat them 2-1 because we were better than them over ninety minutes , so f*ck 'em.

Against the plague even this isn’t a straight red

This is generally why more goals are scored late in games, players get fatigued, game gets stretched, runs aren't tracked, especially by nominal attacking players. I'd hesitate to blame anyone for that goal, it was a superb ball in and a clever ball back across, but if it's anyone it's Sterling unfortunately. He made amends with the assist for the winner.

Which is why the 3 I mentioned stayed on & had many chances to put the game out of sight.

That’s really useful. Shame Taylor didn’t apply the laws as they are shown there as I saw firminho and mane regularly charge into our defenders with Henderson and Milner regularly grabbing shirts as players went past them.
The section on impeding an opponent is a stand alone argument for Sterling deserving a penalty in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.