Burton (First Leg) Post Match Thread

To be fair it did to me too mate, I thought it was a great turn out regardless..
Agreed. I expected to be much less tbh.

Was impressed with Burton last night ,yes they were outclassed , but the low amount of fouls last night (does anyone have the stats?) shows they still kept playing football the right way.

Clough didn't really do his team any favours in the lead up to this game tbh and neither did his chairman. While i understand there needs to be a level of realism, admitting that he doesn't want to scare his team and that it's damage limitation is the wrong way to approach cup games and he knows it. If Wigan had done the same in the last few times they have beaten us then we would have gone on and won all of those.
That withstanding, i still think we would have scored a lot, we just seem to have lit the torch again.

So here's my question to you all, if you remember last year when we went into the Liverpool home game we actually weren't playing amazing. But after that win we literally turned into another team and we scored a tonne of goals, could that happen again now? IMO it's often forgotten how much confidence that one game gave us.

That's how it feels to me. Everything is clicking into place at just the right time. I expect us to go on a major run of results now and I also think we will win several trophies.

Agreed. I expected to be much less tbh.

Was impressed with Burton last night ,yes they were outclassed , but the low amount of fouls last night (does anyone have the stats?) shows they still kept playing football the right way.
Agreed, I think they are the first side we have beaten up that have not resorted to kicking the shit out of us, they deserve a lot of credit for that..

That's how it feels to me. Everything is clicking into place at just the right time. I expect us to go on a major run of results now and I also think we will win several trophies.
I mean we might be talking absolute bollocks and we could go on and ruin it all in the most City way possible, but it feels like the squad have a hunger that didn't seem to be there earlier. If we get a bit of luck, like we have had in the cups, then we could do really well.

I mean we might be talking absolute bollocks and we could go on and ruin it all in the most City way possible, but it feels like the squad have a hunger that didn't seem to be there earlier. If we get a bit of luck, like we have had in the cups, then we could do really well.

I posted something similar last night: we've stepped up again. We can now slot a number of second choice players into the system without losing anything. When the fixtures get clogged with big games in the spring, that should propel us to trophies. Multiple trophies. We might never have a better chance of a treble or even quadruple, although we will need luck.

This is Bluemoon, mate. No bollox talked on here ;)

Of course it would. Because many people have to prioritise games due to cost. A game, albeit a Semi Final against Burton, no disrespect to them, it was always likely to be a stroll with the outcome a given. Not so much had it been Spuds/Chelsea, so maybe the Rotherham game would have took a hit had we drawn either of those two?

Ticket prices may have been lower than usual, but travel/petrol and other costs remain the same. Not everyone is lucky and can afford every game, especially so many in a short length of time right after the expense of Christmas. Simple economics, not poor support.
Disagree slightly. Economics to a degree, along with certain others factors. However, a large chunk of people just couldn't be arsed or would rather watch it on tv. That is the one reason no one likes to admit to but that is the case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.