Burton (First Leg) Post Match Thread

Well done to the Blues that turned up.We would have killed for that 10 years ago.

Most dissapointed I have ever been on a City crowd.
giphy.gif

Great match last night although the grass played a major part in the result as did the wind for Zinczenko's goal. I felt a bit sorry for the groundsman who went to all the trouble of making the goal line extra thick only to find he had wasted his time.

Great words by Cloughie.

Quite a few of the players were wide-eyed at half-time,” Clough admitted. “They had seen it on television, but they could not believe it first-hand. They said some of their lads did not even seem to be running, but were gliding around the pitch.”
I said that about Mahrez a while back ,theres that little movement compared with how most people run, he appears to glide

I don't think that the team will be much different to last night's. Think that Pep will give the home crowd the chance to see a very strong City.

Maybe for some players like Jesus, Gundogan, Danilo, etc. who don't have many of our top prospects in their positions. But why would we risk any of our top players with a 9-0 lead? Would be inexcusable if one of them picked up an injury.

I only brought up Grimshaw in particular because he's third choice and remained third choice even after our backup became injured. It's a chance to get him his first (and likely only) appearance ever for the club. I don't think there's a big enough difference between his level and Muric's that I'd be worried about surrendering a nine goal lead...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.