FA Cup 4th Round Draw - Burnley (H)

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the remainder of the big 6 all on except us.
Same in the last round with the exception of Chelsea.
Seems biased to me.

There's a general negativity from all parts of the media. Today BBC Friday gossip column mentions us once saying KdB was upset at being substituted. Metro' s Colin Murray has a dig at Pep for not playing enough youths in the Burton game, even though most had played the day before at Rochdale. It will take a long time before we get our ex players into the media.

There's a general negativity from all parts of the media. Today BBC Friday gossip column mentions us once saying KdB was upset at being substituted. Metro' s Colin Murray has a dig at Pep for not playing enough youths in the Burton game, even though most had played the day before at Rochdale. It will take a long time before we get our ex players into the media.

But maybe that's the problem?
The players we have today will have no need to go into the media and be pundits like the players of yesteryear. The money they earn now dictates that. Yes you will always get a Gary Neville or even a Frank Lampard but as what I would call your average 'day-to-day' pundit who just missed out on the real big money in the Premiership so need and want the media work they will no longer be around.
Yes we have Richard Dunne and Andy Hinchcliffe - but listening to Andy Hinchcliffe's commentary against Burton the other night apart from one quip he made about the 10-1 against Huddersfield you would have never had known he played for us and was a terrace legend.
I have no idea what the answer is but unfortunately I can't see it changing any time soon.

But maybe that's the problem?
The players we have today will have no need to go into the media and be pundits like the players of yesteryear. The money they earn now dictates that. Yes you will always get a Gary Neville or even a Frank Lampard but as what I would call your average 'day-to-day' pundit who just missed out on the real big money in the Premiership so need and want the media work they will no longer be around.
Yes we have Richard Dunne and Andy Hinchcliffe - but listening to Andy Hinchcliffe's commentary against Burton the other night apart from one quip he made about the 10-1 against Huddersfield you would have never had known he played for us and was a terrace legend.
I have no idea what the answer is but unfortunately I can't see it changing any time soon.
Do you think Dunne is reliant on the money he earns as a pundit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.