Rio Ferdinand

People are defending Ashley? Wow, when you are agreeing with Rio and Keyes I think that’s when you have to question things...

He's a better owner than some, just ask Blackpool or Charlton fans. However, he has put his money in his pocket - it's just that their recruitment has by and large been pretty poor - or those that have worked have been sold off to bigger clubs or that when the new manager took over their faces didn't fit. They've had a revolving door of management and players to a certain extent and I can draw similarities with ourselves in the mid 90s to mid noughties. We either got in free "has beens" Fowler, McManaman - see Sol Campbell, or we took a punt on unknown players that either worked, Rosler, Kinkladze - Demba Ba, Papiss Cisse or spectacularly didn't work, Sibierski - Thauvin.

They've also had a problem keeping their best players - through other teams paying an over the top transfer fee - Sissouko, Carroll, because a bigger team came knocking - Wijnaldum, or finally because they wanted to move due to not playing, circumstances etc - Ba, Cisse, Ben Harfa. This is a club that needs a root and branch reorganisation however whilst Benitez is there his standing with the fans will ensure it does not happen. They need a complete overhaul. I work with Toon Fans every day and I have two types, the morose and the giddy. I prefer the morose but the morose are becoming the majority who see Rafa as the stumbling block to overhaul their club. As somebody rightly said before me Rafa hasn't improved their players, in fact Lascelles has gone backwards.

In essence they've become a North East version of Southampton, take on a lot of players, sell the best for a profit and then reinvest on the cheap in the hope of finding the next diamond - it comes as no surprise that both are languishing at the bottom. You can't sell your best players every year and remain in the top division - we learnt that.

To back up my "defence" of Ashley here's how much Newcastle have spent since he took over - he spent £140 million in seasons 2015 - 2017, tell me again he's a bad owner compared to some....

https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...on-transfers-at-newcastle-and-where-it-ranks/

Rio, look at Groot as a role model here. Phrases such as "he kicka da ball" "he kicka da man not the ball" and "the ball go in the net again" seem more your level my good man.

Prick.

tevez-elbow-deep-in-ferdinand.jpg

He's a better owner than some, just ask Blackpool or Charlton fans. However, he has put his money in his pocket - it's just that their recruitment has by and large been pretty poor - or those that have worked have been sold off to bigger clubs or that when the new manager took over their faces didn't fit. They've had a revolving door of management and players to a certain extent and I can draw similarities with ourselves in the mid 90s to mid noughties. We either got in free "has beens" Fowler, McManaman - see Sol Campbell, or we took a punt on unknown players that either worked, Rosler, Kinkladze - Demba Ba, Papiss Cisse or spectacularly didn't work, Sibierski - Thauvin.

They've also had a problem keeping their best players - through other teams paying an over the top transfer fee - Sissouko, Carroll, because a bigger team came knocking - Wijnaldum, or finally because they wanted to move due to not playing, circumstances etc - Ba, Cisse, Ben Harfa. This is a club that needs a root and branch reorganisation however whilst Benitez is there his standing with the fans will ensure it does not happen. They need a complete overhaul. I work with Toon Fans every day and I have two types, the morose and the giddy. I prefer the morose but the morose are becoming the majority who see Rafa as the stumbling block to overhaul their club. As somebody rightly said before me Rafa hasn't improved their players, in fact Lascelles has gone backwards.

In essence they've become a North East version of Southampton, take on a lot of players, sell the best for a profit and then reinvest on the cheap in the hope of finding the next diamond - it comes as no surprise that both are languishing at the bottom. You can't sell your best players every year and remain in the top division - we learnt that.

To back up my "defence" of Ashley here's how much Newcastle have spent since he took over - he spent £140 million in seasons 2015 - 2017, tell me again he's a bad owner compared to some....

https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...on-transfers-at-newcastle-and-where-it-ranks/
Here's the key figures.
£76m Inherited debt

£144m Current debt

£68m Debt growth - hasn't exactly 'cleared their debt' like he tries to make out.

£0 Sports Direct payment for advertising

£8.4 NUFC paid Sports Direct in 5 years to June 2017
Why are they paying his company?

£354m Spent on players since 2007

£322m Recouped selling players since 2007

£32m Net spend on players since 2007

£2.6m Average annual net spend
This is pathetic for a PL club tbh.

£146 Season ticket increase (Gallowgate/Leazes)

£189 Season ticket increase

£82m Increase in annual media income

£6m Increase in annual wages paid

Revenue up far more than playing costs yet their debts are growing.
There's nothing to defend him about.

Here's the key figures.
£76m Inherited debt

£144m Current debt

£68m Debt growth - hasn't exactly 'cleared their debt' like he tries to make out.

£0 Sports Direct payment for advertising

£8.4 NUFC paid Sports Direct in 5 years to June 2017
Why are they paying his company?

£354m Spent on players since 2007

£322m Recouped selling players since 2007

£32m Net spend on players since 2007

£2.6m Average annual net spend
This is pathetic for a PL club tbh.

£146 Season ticket increase (Gallowgate/Leazes)

£189 Season ticket increase

£82m Increase in annual media income

£6m Increase in annual wages paid

Revenue up far more than playing costs yet their debts are growing.
There's nothing to defend him about.

I didn't know those figures so I stand corrected. However, let's be honest, he's not going to spend any money on players in January, he's just not, so Rio's argument still stands (however much of an a**ehole camel gob is)

So he’s alright because there’s worse chairmen out there? Fantastic logic that is. Has he taken out of the club more than what he has put in?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.