Huddersfield (a) pre-match thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we playing today?

Sky seem to be talking about the rags and basketball.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take the lemon insult back so I can explain!

The veiled insult about Gundogan is irritating. Jesus is bang in form, so other than trying to give Sergio some fitness, I think it's the wrong decision.
Gundogan hasn’t been great against the best teams in the league. Kun is the number one upfront. If he’s fit he should start at the moment.

Otamendi and Gundogan should only be an option if we have no other.

Agree regarding Otamendi but I do think Gundogan can do a decent job in central midfield and has been excellent recently (though against poor opposition). Would still prefer one of the Silvas but Bernardo probably needs a rest and David has been a little out of sorts recently.

Personally would have kept Gundogan and Otamendi for midweek and the Burnley game and gone full strength today.

Think here are only 2 surprises Gundogan instead of one of the Silvas and Bernardo probably needs a break, Otamendi instead of Stones is the more surprising for me.
Jesus is in a rich vein of form at the moment. He should have been kept in the team. Also, Foden should have been given a run out today. Agree about Ota.

He wants 10 on Wednesday to shove the respect taunts down the presses throat.

We’re not Liverpool, we’re not going to run players like Bernardo into the ground, he needs a little break, Dave hasn’t been himself lately for a variety of reasons, so again no issue leaving him out and Gundogan has been excellent in his reason games.
Biggest surprise is Otamendi in for Stones.
I would have had John in for Nico, one of the Silvas in for Ilkay (given they could be rested for Wednesday and we could still score 10), and Jesus in for Agüero (while he is in form, giving Agüero the easier outing to continue gaining fitness/form).

But, then again, I haven’t won anything as a manager since my u14 team’s regional tournament triumph in 2011, so I’ll obviously defer to Pep.

Not sure I would describe any midfield with Ilkay in it as “heavyweight” but I take your general point.

By comparison with Bernardo, he’s practically Charles Atlas. :-)
The inclusion of Otamendi and Danilo suggests he’s anticipating a more physical encounter and some high balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.