Salah’s diving

I know it's getting boring, but this is about a months worth of Salah's diving diary, starting this week and working back to Boxing Day:

1. This week Alan Shearer claims Salah's diving is embarrassing following blatant dive by Salah v Crystal Palace.

2. Last week Richard Keys suggests Salah diving, following embellished dive by Salah v Brighton for a penalty

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/...med-salah-dive-brighton-vs-liverpool-penalty/

3. Three days after Newcastle, Klopp claiming Liverpool don't have divers following blatant dive by Salah v Arsenal for a penalty

https://www.skysports.com/football/...t-liverpool-amid-mohamed-salah-penalty-debate

4. Dyche slams the PL wondering why Salah not banned, following blatant dive by Salah v Newcastle for a penalty

https://www.worldnewslive4you.com/2...bizarre-decision-not-to-ban-salah-for-diving/

However, back in May 18, Klopp warns him to do better following a blatant dive by Salah v Chelsea

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...39F57F4290D9EB0092E439F57F4290D9EB0&FORM=VIRE

But not to worry, Chris Sutton claims Salah diving could cost Liverpool the league!
Yeah, right Chris, don't you mean win them the league?

www.football.co.uk/news/chris-sutton-claims-mohamed-salahs-diving-could-cost-live/405373/#jGmcOS4Ric8r22rh.97

Could the club send this list to the FA together with the list of incidents where Sterling didn’t get a penalty? Who needs VAR anyway.

Could the club send this list to the FA together with the list of incidents where Sterling didn’t get a penalty? Who needs VAR anyway.
According to Citywatch, the club are putting together a vid of Raz not getting clear pens.

I wish he would stop diving. He is such a good player that stuff like this is unnecessary and tarnishes the way people view him. It's never nice to see gamesmanship, but some of what he's doing (blatantly throwing himself to the ground when a nearby defender breathes on him) really is difficult to watch.

I wish he would stop diving. He is such a good player that stuff like this is unnecessary and tarnishes the way people view him. It's never nice to see gamesmanship, but some of what he's doing (blatantly throwing himself to the ground when a nearby defender breathes on him) really is difficult to watch.
I just think he's a cnut

What I find harder to watch is those who matter seem to hold a different view and consequently he has been getting away with it.
I am pleased that the media have been highlighting it. With a bit of luck that may cause a few refs to be looking out for it.

The way I see it, having had VAR in the World Cup, is that the penalty count will increase.
It will be all about the set piece situation.
By that, I mean corners and free kicks into the box, where pushing and jostling occurs as players try and get into a favourable position ready to meet the incoming projectile.
This will be practised on training grounds with full agreement of the manager/coach, especially if the game is close, near to the final whistle.

So, ref watches the free kick being taken, contact will occur, player hits the deck with a dive (attacker or defender), he and his team mates will scream like the Ban Si, with hands aloft.

All players and coaching staff start drawing squares with their arms demanding that the ref goes and looks at his TV screen.
Ref thinks, fuck this, let them VAR lads decide.

Ref: 'What do you lot think upstairs?'

After a couple of minutes of silence,

VAR Team: 'Your call pal. There is contact and the player does go down. Us three have had a little vote and it's one for, one against and one abstaining'.

Ref: 'You pair of ****s. Penalty then? It'll keep the 75,000 screaming home fans happy'

VAR Team: 'Yeah, fuck it'.

Ref points to spot.
Ref gets lambasted on Match of the Day and then it's all forgotten again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.