Nicolas Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite his unbelievable antics during the World Cup, I’d be sad to see him leave.

He’s the best we have in the air.

To be honest, if we can get anywhere close to the 35 million being mentioned in The Sun (yeah I know !) I think that would be great business for us. I like Nico but I have always had the niggling feeling about him that he's just a bit too small, a bit too slow and a bit too inclined to over-commit in dangerous areas, leaving big spaces behind him.

To be honest, if we can get anywhere close to the 35 million being mentioned in The Sun (yeah I know !) I think that would be great business for us. I like Nico but I have always had the niggling feeling about him that he's just a bit too small, a bit too slow and a bit too inclined to over-commit in dangerous areas, leaving big spaces behind him.
I would not say slow but maybe age or lack of game time does seem to have slowed him, I do think he will leave in the summer but we should not go for De Ligt , money will be tight and the need to replace a 3rd choice player not a priority especially with the french and Belgium leagues awash with young prospects

Strange how he has been so isolated this season, after becoming such a key player last season.

I never expected him to last based on his dreadful first year or so, but he cut out most of the brainless stuff last season & now I'm quite surprised by how infrequently we see him. It has also affected his game imo & some of the misjudgements have returned.

He did a great job for us last season, whatever.

Reactions: nmc
Yes sell him - been great for us but get our money back and upgrade - makes sense.

If you pushed me to sell one of our centre backs it would always be Otamendi. In fact, I'm not even sure if you'd have to push me. He was the best centre back in the league last season but Stones and Laporte are the future of our defence and Kompany is the club captain - Nico's always going to be fourth choice in the current scenario and he deserves better than that. Pep's also well within his rights to say he doesn't want unhappy players at the club because having him here beyond the summer would affect both the team and Otamendi himself. I just hope we can sell him to a team in another country because he'd definitely do a job for our rivals were he to stay in the Premier League.

The problem is, replacing Otamendi would be difficult. We need good option to replace him and basically make him sit on the bench for most games. Who would be willing to sit on the bench?

Problem of quality squad this, but I rather have it this way than have loads of squad players that are not good enough and impossible to get rid of.

Was surprised at his contract extension last January but most likely that was to ensure we get good fee for him, as without that extension he would have 18 months left at the moment.

But if good offer comes like 30-35 million id take it even this month.

A bit too small? He's one of our best in the air, Pep picks him when we know we're going up against a big team who launch balls up front constantly.

Bad move selling him at all

Would need replacing as we haven’t got enough cover if Stones and Laporte get injured

Saying De ligt as a relplacement isn’t realistic as he could demand to be first choice wherever he goes , I can’t see Stones and Laporte accepting Otamendi’s minutes from this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.