Newcastle (a) post match thread

Can't see us clawing this back like we did in 14, I know we have more games to do it this time round but the dippers are far better than last time but never say never till the fat lady sings, after tonight anything can happen in this league, keep the faith

Very slim chance. We won't win all our remaining games so the Dippers can probably lose 3 and draw one and still win the title.

Dont like it it feels bad, hate getting beat but loosing like that its not great.

Feels like our 1st season under Pep where we look class then loose stupid games by conceding goals on every counter attack....

Will be interesting before the cup final.

Pep will pick his players who he can trust, expect changes for Arsenal.

Jesus & Bernardo to start.

When Liverpool equalised we got straight back at em and wanted it so much . Tonight it wasn't there
It was Liverpool. The team was prepared for a such scenario. But Leicester, CP, and now Newcastle !! We score first, and we lose in the end.

I do think Newcastle deserve some credit. They got their shape and formation absolutely spot on, gave us no real space between the lines which made Silva totally ineffective and kept KDB out of the game. Our wide players had zero impact and Newcastle defended really well. They also had Rondon who was a real handful all night.

Doesn’t paper over how bad we were and that things were largely down to ourselves, but they do deserve credit.

I'm happy you're not the coach. I'm pretty sure Pep has got his eyes on Ederson after this season. Do you honestly think he is a great keeper, a great shotstopper? Then you should stick to icehockey.

from your comment I'd say you are clueless tbh, shotstopper, coach, you aint a fucking clue what you are talking about. I've no idea where you are from nor do i care. But you are chatting shit.

Last edited:
I said that a while back, I was calling for a Nigel de Jong type player to be bought, an aggressive tackler a leader, also a blue said this team can't win 1-0, well if that's the case that's a weak point in Peps tactics tbh.

He'd be sent off, every fucking game without fail. Nigel De Jong or his ilk wouldn't last in the modern game,
especially with us.

Not one post has defended that performance but plenty have already thrown the fucking towel in. Long way to go in the title race yet. Some need to seriously give their Fanny’s a wipe on here, plus the few who only come out after a defeat need to fuck right off.
WHY ?? We were shit tonight and I truly despair at the happy clappers who can see no problems.Its OK to beat teams from other divisions,but apart from the Dipper game,we have been pretty average in PL games.Huddersfield was average and Wolves in the end we won against 10 men.
Certainly not the team we were last year.
Tonight was a glorious opportunity to get within a point of Liverpool.We were shocking in every department tonight and if you think for one moment that Pep is a happy bunny then thats one of the fanny`s to wipe.

Ha, I don’t wanna lose twice in one night.
The amount of scotch I’ve had whilst watching our match would ensure your victory, not that a sober version of me would necessarily win, mind. :-)

Do you understand football? Any small challenge and he’s off. That’s much too big of a risk given the circumstances of that match. And do you really want to face Arsenal without KDB?
Arsenal game is fuck all now mate. And Arsenal at home yeah tbf.

What the **** happend? We turned this planet upside down with a superman performance against Liverpool, only to lose against this sh*tclub. What a joke.
Too much is going against us this season. Continued leftback problems, no sharpness in finishing, KDB has been missing a lot. But I'm starting to see a red thread in lack of good goalkeeping by Ederson. Don't get me wrong, I'm still backing him. But he is starting to look like another Bravo: great with his feet (no one can argue there), but he barely saves any shots. Everything is going past him (Crystal Palace, Leicester and now this). He saves the shots he is supposed to, but what about the rest? He is letting in too much. That is a fact. Look at De Gea for United, Alisson for Liverpool. This is when the goalkeeper needs to step up and win games. He doesn't have that. How many times did De Gea rescue United from catastrophy? I know they cannot be compared. But in all honesty, he is not a great keeper when it comes to save shots. Saying anything differently just proves lack of knowledge...
Get your insult in first!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.