Newcastle (a) post match thread

Stupid mistake by Fern and Walker being his dozy self jogging out and playing them onside for the first goal. Too many players had an off day and should have a look at themselves.
We didn't create enough and good luck to Newcastle in the championship next season,yes I am a bad loser.

Was thinking a Benitez team wouldn't have conceded that first goal. Rondon would have been caught offside if he'd been playing against a Benitez side.

If that goal had stood, the game was won. They took heart from it, we sulked about it and lost heart. That decision and The booking for KDB changed the whole dynamic of the game for me.
It only changed the dynamic because we allowed it to, weak mentality tonight I'm afraid.

After that pathetic performance tonight anyone up for a deadline day panic transfer buy to compete on all 4 fronts? Isco... disco?

Hugely disappointing, and we didn't do enough to win.

The thing that I am struggling with is on what grounds was that a penalty?

The Newcastle player didn't have control of the ball.

Fernandinho didn't intentionally bring him down, he just turned into him without knowing he was there.

It was a collision and the Newcastle player was able to see what Ferny was doing and throw himself down.

Was he adjudged to have impeded or obstructed him?

Since when was a collision a penalty?

Maybe my blue tinted glasses got in the way, did I miss something?

Nailed on penalty wtf are you on about? Take off the blue tinted specs mate

That should be 2 0 to city and the ref disallows it. It's game over at that point. Then we go on to lose. It's as blatant as it gets. Yeah we were very poor but so we're Newcastle. Refs are taking the piss.
You can not blame the ref for that he clearly told De Bruyne to wait for the whistle, being pedantic I agree but after all he is the official in charge of the game.

Pep looked terrible tonite. Anxious throughout. No sense of confidence conveyed to team. Sloppy passing became infectious and one of those nites when nothing worked.
Everyone might not agree but I don't think that Jesus will ever be that big time player you could bank on to get you a goal when you really needed one.

Blaming Jesus is a bit unfair, everyone of them lacked intention, application, and creation.

They weren’t clear chances but we blew a few on the counter that never materialized and should have. Spoiled to say, but we consistently have runners on the break and play them wide rather than into a narrower space (with a bigger goal to shoot at). Not comfortable on the break regularly. Cost us tonight.

He’s bang on the money with everything there.

People need to stop pussyfooting around the major issues with our squad this year.

Our wing backs are fucking garbage. We have a 34 year old at CDM with NO cover.

And Mahrez, fuck me. Whoever sanctioned that transfer needs shooting.

We are nowhere near last seasons levels. Absolutely nowhere near.

Calling the players cowards is out of order. Poor performance but not cowards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.