Who should be the next batman?

The notion of Levit taking the role is sadly romantic only. To make Levit fit properly you would have to seriously alter the Batman universe. This is a guy who inherited all he has from Batman. The first film would have to be him coming to terms with this huge change in his entire being. This imo would be a fine alternative of the original Batman seeing his parents killed, as @Machiavelli says notes, has been done to death.

That would just be the start of a style even fresher than the Dark Knight trilogy. Being "fresh" demands a bold approach. Those in control of the DCEU currently show nothing to suggest they have anything but a quick cash mentality with 0% vision.

The opportunity is there but there is one huge stumbling block imo. Levit like O'Connel has that baby face. On the surface that may sound shit as you could say "everyone has shit and hassle in thier lives". I would be the first to agree with that however we are talking about conveyance in cinema not real life. Levit could easily do a gritty down to earth film sure but Levit dressed as Batman? It is a hard sell for some reason. You need someone with life experience written on their face and he is to "fresh faced" for that no matter what computer wizardry is employed, his skeletal structure is to delicate facially.

I hate saying that as i love the idea of it in principal. The work involved in changing to make Levit acceptable is large. You need a bold director with vision and the ability to not have execs interfere or otherwise fuck it with a shit edit. I just do not trust those in charge to be so basically competent due to fear of losing their bonus. It is why they have their little group therapy sessions in broad daylight ;-)

tl;dr incompetent cunts make this a dream only

The notion of Levit taking the role is sadly romantic only. To make Levit fit properly you would have to seriously alter the Batman universe. This is a guy who inherited all he has from Batman. The first film would have to be him coming to terms with this huge change in his entire being. This imo would be a fine alternative of the original Batman seeing his parents killed, as @Machiavelli says notes, has been done to death.

That would just be the start of a style even fresher than the Dark Knight trilogy. Being "fresh" demands a bold approach. Those in control of the DCEU currently show nothing to suggest they have anything but a quick cash mentality with 0% vision.

The opportunity is there but there is one huge stumbling block imo. Levit like O'Connel has that baby face. On the surface that may sound shit as you could say "everyone has shit and hassle in thier lives". I would be the first to agree with that however we are talking about conveyance in cinema not real life. Levit could easily do a gritty down to earth film sure but Levit dressed as Batman? It is a hard sell for some reason. You need someone with life experience written on their face and he is to "fresh faced" for that no matter what computer wizardry is employed, his skeletal structure is to delicate facially.

I hate saying that as i love the idea of it in principal. The work involved in changing to make Levit acceptable is large. You need a bold director with vision and the ability to not have execs interfere or otherwise fuck it with a shit edit. I just do not trust those in charge to be so basically competent due to fear of losing their bonus. It is why they have their little group therapy sessions in broad daylight ;-)

You’ve just ruined my night you bastardo :)

Yeah sadly I think that opportunity has passed. It would’ve been a decent follow on from Nolan’s trilogy but it seems the ending in TDKR was a Robin ‘nod’ to the fans rather than a set up for future films.

Some interesting names crop up on this list.
https://www.cbr.com/batman-actors-rumored/
Most of the names mentioned here make the list, the one that stood out for me is Josh Brolin, had he not been cast as Thanos I think he would’ve been a cracking older, experienced, rugged Batman. I do like the look of the guy at no. 1 though.

You’ve just ruined my night you bastardo :)

Yeah sadly I think that opportunity has passed. It would’ve been a decent follow on from Nolan’s trilogy but it seems the ending in TDKR was a Robin ‘nod’ to the fans rather than a set up for future films.

Some interesting names crop up on this list.
https://www.cbr.com/batman-actors-rumored/
Most of the names mentioned here make the list, the one that stood out for me is Josh Brolin, had he not been cast as Thanos I think he would’ve been a cracking older, experienced, rugged Batman. I do like the look of the guy at no. 1 though.
Brolin would be great, Marvel got their foot in the door first and are getting their money's worth with him as Cable to.

DC will already have a complex about Marvel so having "dirty seconds" will make Elba a no go as he is to recognizable from Thor. Brolin has this same issue. It may not put them out of the running but i don't think it woud be DC's first choice; especially with how successful Thanos and Cable have been.

lol poor Scott Adkins, i fear he is to noted as a stereotype b-movie actor. He could be great for all we know but i doubt we shall ever find out. There are a few great shouts on that list. Morgan, Fassbender, Ham and Armitrage seem the ones in that list most likely to get a look in.

This is likely to be the casting of a character with the most media interest ever. If it isn't getting that way already!

Last edited:
Brolin would be great, Marvel got their foot in the door first and are getting their money's worth with him as Cable to.

DC will already have a complex about Marvel so having "dirty seconds" will make Elba a no go as he is to recognizable from Thor. Brolin has this same issue. It may not put them out of the running but i don't think it woud be DC's first choice; especially with how successful Thanos and Cable have been.

lol poor Scott Adkins, i fear he is to noted as a stereotype b-movie actor. He could be great for all we know but i doubt we shall ever find out. There are a few great shouts on that list. Morgan, Fassbender, Ham and Armitrage seem the ones in that list most likely to get a look in.

This is likely to be the casting of a character with the most media interest ever. If it isn't getting that way already!

Mmm, I wouldn't be so sure as it depends on what's brought to the table.

WB have already taken Joss Whedon and now have James Gunn for the upcoming 'JL2' movie.

From what i read, they want a younger actor to play Batman so the idea of Levit is not that crazy. If they are going to either start Batman again or use Lewit as a new Batman, continuing the current arc, i think he could fit either. Earlier Batman is fresh faced as it's part of the reason the Bruce Wayne alter-ego works so well, he just doesn't look like a vigilante. The only problem with him is he's really short so he'd have to wear some platform type footwear as it just wouldn't look right with him stood next to the high class models that Bruce Wayne hangs around with at parties.
Another guy i really like is Joel Kinnaman, i don't think he has the range of some of the other guys mentioned but he looked like a whole different being in Altered Carbon, fucking huge! Although he already played Rick Flag, i don't think he particularly owned the character so it doesn't seem a huge issue IMO.

From what i read, they want a younger actor to play Batman so the idea of Levit is not that crazy. If they are going to either start Batman again or use Lewit as a new Batman, continuing the current arc, i think he could fit either. Earlier Batman is fresh faced as it's part of the reason the Bruce Wayne alter-ego works so well, he just doesn't look like a vigilante. The only problem with him is he's really short so he'd have to wear some platform type footwear as it just wouldn't look right with him stood next to the high class models that Bruce Wayne hangs around with at parties.
Another guy i really like is Joel Kinnaman, i don't think he has the range of some of the other guys mentioned but he looked like a whole different being in Altered Carbon, fucking huge! Although he already played Rick Flag, i don't think he particularly owned the character so it doesn't seem a huge issue IMO.
Michael Keaton did a decent job and was small.

Coogan, well at least as "The joker" watched Laurel and Hardy last night, and he was very good.

Hi TC I've sent you a PM, thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.