PLT: Make a will.

I have never bothered with one. I own my own home and live with my two daughters. If I die everything I have goes to them. Simple. Why do I need a will?

I have never bothered with one. I own my own home and live with my two daughters. If I die everything I have goes to them. Simple. Why do I need a will?

Thats ok if there is no surviving partner.... if there is then the surviving partner (who you have not divorced) then the partner will inherit the first £250,000 and half of the rest. Children only inherit after the first £250000 if a surviving partner (married or civil) is alive

And if all three of you died together, say in a car crash....? Best to work out all the options. If the default outcome is OK then fair enough, don’t bother. If not, do a will. You can get a template and write one for nothing.

They are not for your benefit btw so don't be so fucking selfish.
They are for the poor cunts you leave behind who have to pick through the bones of your life.
Not everyone has the same ideas about what to do with those bones or who should (or not) get them.

Write a will.
Write down the fine details of your funeral arrangements.
Specify who should be in charge of settling your affairs.
Specify who should get what.

The fucking infighting, backstabbing, infighting, rows, arguments, threats, counter threats and every other dark and nasty trait of the human psyche rears its ugly head when someone dies. At least with a will, there is something to dampen things down somewhat.

That is all.

Couldn't agree more. I'd also add; give a copy of your will to all the beneficiaries so a) there's no arguing and b) any fucking gripes, they can take it up with you not the other beneficiaries.

People turn into bastards where there is money involved.

Also don't fall for this fag-packet stuff, it doesn't work. It needs to be in exactly the right format otherwise it is invalid. My dad got his from WH Smith, filled it out correctly but it missed out an affirmation clause so I had to round up the witnesses to the will and ask them to go to the probate office in Manchester. Fortunately, it was a recent will so I could locate the witnesses easily otherwise it wouldn't have been valid.

Dear kids.

Bins go out on Thursday, make sure I'm in the green one.
If I outlived your mother, split what's there between you.
If I didn't, best take away the credit cards from her if you want to inherit anything.
Look after the dogs.

ctrl c, ctrl v
cross out thursday replace with wednesday,
delete reference to dogs
print

thanks

And if, god forbid, your daughters died before you, what then? Your house might well end up escheating to the crown, or worse, if you live in the duchy of Lancaster, Charlie will snaffle it. Be safe, make a will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.