PLT: Make a will.

Thats ok if there is no surviving partner.... if there is then the surviving partner (who you have not divorced) then the partner will inherit the first £250,000 and half of the rest. Children only inherit after the first £250000 if a surviving partner (married or civil) is alive
I got divorced years ago and have no intentions of either cohabiting or marrying again.
I know someone who has been separated from their ex-spouse for 20odd years but has never divorced. They are adamant that should they die their ex-spouse gets nowt. I'm not sure that's the case and your comments seem to confirm it.

I got divorced years ago and have no intentions of either cohabiting or marrying again.
I know someone who has been separated from their ex-spouse for 20odd years but has never divorced. They are adamant that should they die their ex-spouse gets nowt. I'm not sure that's the case and your comments seem to confirm it.

It definitely is not the case...... he either needs to get divorced or make a will... show him this

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/f...t-if-there-is-no-will-the-rules-of-intestacy/

A will won't cost a fortune... you can have one done for nothing by the British legion providing you bequeath something to the legion on your death (but you don't have to)

go here https://www.britishlegion.org.uk/ge...-your-will/free-will-writing-with-the-legion/

Regarding disposal of the body. Does anyone know how it works if you donate your body to medical research? My mother in law has requested this.

Dear kids.

Bins go out on Thursday, make sure I'm in the green one.
If I outlived your mother, split what's there between you.
If I didn't, best take away the credit cards from her if you want to inherit anything.
Look after the dogs.

The green one's for rubbish, a. Shouldn't you be in the brown food waste one that gets composted. The green 'un takes yer straight to landfill!

The green one's for rubbish, a. Shouldn't you be in the brown food waste one that gets composted. The green 'un takes yer straight to landfill!
We don't have a brown one, goes on the compost heap.

Besides, while I'm hoping they'll relax the law enough to let me go to landfill, there's no way they'll let me go to compost and into human food supply :/

Regarding disposal of the body. Does anyone know how it works if you donate your body to medical research? My mother in law has requested this.

My dad donated his body to medical research. You have to register and then you get a form with details of the person to contact, in his case, at Manchester University. You make sure the next of kin have a copy of the form so they can do it quickly.

When I rang them, they were really pleasant but said they'd got enough bodies. They could have distributed him to another area but as my dad had Altzheimer's they didn't want him. That being the case, I thought they'd have been keen to have him but apparently not.

He'd have been most offended.

They might not take her.
There are several causes of death that will preclude her being accepted.
Any infectious disease at death will mean she won’t be accepted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.