Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree that there could have been more balance in terms of the teams the commentators played for.

That aside, I was surprised at how complimentary they were, especially Souness who was purring about us. Redknapp pretty much had a boner for five minutes towards the start of the show when they were discussing the Silva interview (like he usually does when Silva’s being discussed.)

Admittedly I can’t really understand Spitty so he might have said some nasty stuff. But I thought everyone else was on the money, even Neville.

I’m ready to get mauled, but it’s Sky - not MCFC TV. I think the punditry was very fair today.

Maybe because Souness is more detached from Liverpool than Carragher, he can be more objective. He left on bad terms and burned his bridges there so he's not really as much of a Liverpool guy as Carragher. The latter looked a little worried tonight.
Never knew Souness left under a cloud, especially after so many trophies. Tell us more.

Got in the car straight after match ended and had to put talkshite on because GMR had gone to Asian show so no City talk on that. So the 6 o'clock headlines come on.. news then sport.. AND CHELSEA GO TOP.. some silly fucking drawling insipid ozzie sort then says,( after waxing lyrical about Spurs demolition of Leicester) ' And in today's other game, Manchester City go top after thrashing Chelsea'. IN TODAY'S OTHER GAME??? WTFF!!! So we smash the mighty Chelsea 6-0, whilst handing out their biggest hiding in premier league history and in the process GO TOP, but we are referred to Today's other game. They sure know what they're doing belive you me. Rotten set of bastards. Turned over to 5 live and they weren't much better, some twat arguing that Sergio wasn't leading hatrick scorer because he shared it with Shearer. I soon turned that knob wipe off and whacked Absolute 80s on.. not a anti City person in sight.. well, maybe Mick Hucknall :)

[QUOTE="GaudinoMotors, post: 11544429, member: 16241 Childish, gobshite Carragher. All he could say was Chelsea were weakchh cowarshhh. Like a fan incapable of being objective.[/QUOTE]
p2252ex1.gif

Got in the car straight after match ended and had to put talkshite on because GMR had gone to Asian show so no City talk on that. So the 6 o'clock headlines come on.. news then sport.. AND CHELSEA GO TOP.. some silly fucking drawling insipid ozzie sort then says,( after waxing lyrical about Spurs demolition of Leicester) ' And in today's other game, Manchester City go top after thrashing Chelsea'. IN TODAY'S OTHER GAME??? WTFF!!! So we smash the mighty Chelsea 6-0, whilst handing out their biggest hiding in premier league history and in the process GO TOP, but we are referred to Today's other game. They sure know what they're doing belive you me. Rotten set of bastards. Turned over to 5 live and they weren't much better, some twat arguing that Sergio wasn't leading hatrick scorer because he shared it with Shearer. I soon turned that knob wipe off and whacked Absolute 80s on.. not a anti City person in sight.. well, maybe Mick Hucknall :)

Every single media outlet is absolutely gushing about us tonight.

I don't do punditry, but when a wonder goal is scored, or we've spanked someone, I'll give it a watch.
That panel/commentators today, was as irrelevant as possible to the day's matches
Souness, dipper
Carragher, dipper
Redknapp, ex dipper
Neville, Rag.
Where was Lampard or even SWP "for a foot in both camps" outlook. No. The punter MUST have the wisdom of a Rag/Dipper foisted upon them, simply because we must be told about what's been going on by players from those clubs. Why not an Arsenal man, or an Evertonian?

You look at streams from other countries
USA Use Robbies Earle and Mustoe, and a Yank
The Indian ones use Townshend, and even Terry Phelan and Mark Seagraves for European nights. Barely a rag or dipper in sight, and I'm grateful for it
It’s a shit show having all those ex Liverpool players on the panel. We should always have an ex City player On there when we’re playing.

An article in the Guardian today, 'Are Liverpool feeling the pressure of Premier League title race?'

Not sure if it is intended to allay the fears of Liverpool fans but the contributors are ex Liverpool legends Steve McManaman, Michael Owen, Alan Kennedy, Robbie Fowler and Jason McAteer. Kennedy I get, he's been hugely successful but the others? Is the Guardian having a laugh? Maybe they thought the perspective of those in a Liverpool shirt who failed under the pressure of a title race more valid?

Personally loving all these pressure questions coming their way. Recently viewed Klopp, Van Dyke & Robertson having to fend off questions about pressure. Must be eating away at them.
I saw this one, read the contributors and left it at that. Fucking laughable - it's like the ministry of truth or a fairy tale where if they really really believe all their dreams will come true and the bogey man won't catch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.