Match of the Day - 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing Sergios record against Henry's.

It was interesting to see that they added the personal awards criteria at the end.

And although Sergio's record was better, Henry had 4-0 on personal awards.
Chapman did say that would have to end.

However, when voting time comes around, we all know that the media will up the hype on VVD for POTY.

And , although bumming out of all of the cups, like Brendan, they will be pushing for Klopp as Manager of the year

It was interesting to see that they added the personal awards criteria at the end.

However, when voting time comes around, we all know that the media will up the hype on VVD for POTY.

And , although bumming out of all of the cups, like Brendan, they will be pushing for Klopp as Manager of the year

They didn't show the assists column did they ? Henry has far more assists than Aguero, he even holds the record for a season if I'm not wrong.

They didn't show the assists column did they ? Henry has far more assists than Aguero, he even holds the record for a season if I'm not wrong.

Yeah Henry had a 24 goal and 20 assist league campaign during one of those seasons. He WAS Arsenal's attack. It's impossible to understate how much of an impact he had on that team.
He did everything. He was their goalscorer and playmaker rolled into one. I think he's the best premier league player of all time, and I'm not sure I think anyone is that close.

Henry was much more of a playmaker than Shearer, Aguero, or Kane. Even Ronaldo wasn't as complete all around when he was there. In 2007 he was a playmaker/winger but wasn't quite as effective as Henry, and later become almost a pure goalscorer so again wasn't quite as all-around in his effectiveness as Henry. The only one who might have had a similar role was Suarez in 2014 and i would argue that Henry did it at a time when football was less expensive so it was more impressive.

Yeah Henry had a 24 goal and 20 assist league campaign during one of those seasons. He WAS Arsenal's attack. It's impossible to understate how much of an impact he had on that team.
He did everything. He was their goalscorer and playmaker rolled into one. I think he's the best premier league player of all time, and I'm not sure I think anyone is that close.

Henry was much more of a playmaker than Shearer, Aguero, or Kane. Even Ronaldo wasn't as complete all around when he was there. In 2007 he was a playmaker/winger but wasn't quite as effective as Henry, and later become almost a pure goalscorer so again wasn't quite as all-around in his effectiveness as Henry. The only one who might have had a similar role was Suarez in 2014 and i would argue that Henry did it at a time when football was less expensive so it was more impressive.
I disagree on both. But I won't bore you, especially on the Suarez thing.

Henry, Ronaldo & Suarez, you're a latecomer to the party.

When we retain our title and Liverpool finish second on GD just watch the media go balls deep for Klopp with 2nd is the new 1st despite the fact that already we are deeper in both domestic cup comps than the dippers already. Its like a Brit boxing in America in the 60's - we have to kill opponents to get given a draw

When we retain our title and Liverpool finish second on GD just watch the media go balls deep for Klopp with 2nd is the new 1st despite the fact that already we are deeper in both domestic cup comps than the dippers already. Its like a Brit boxing in America in the 60's - we have to kill opponents to get given a draw
11th was the new 1st in 2014 with the club shop wearer winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.