Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to watch football on tv with just the crowd noise. A commentator and co commentator are meant to enhance your experience but I often find it to be the opposite. I don't see why Sky and BT can't offer it as a service.

I'd love to watch football on tv with just the crowd noise. A commentator and co commentator are meant to enhance your experience but I often find it to be the opposite. I don't see why Sky and BT can't offer it as a service.

They tried it once for one of the world cups (I think it was the one in South Africa) and it seemed like a good option. I thought it would give you the change to really immerse yourself in the match as you'd hear nothing but the crowd noise - the oohs and aahs - while hearing every chant as if you were at the stadium. But I didn't feel that, when I put that channel on.

I watched 20 minutes of one of the matches and then gave up. Everything seemed....dead. It was boring.

Incidentally, the 2008 Wimbledon final was broadcast without commentary on some channel and that's the copy I have. Just as was the case with football, it's unwatchable. Commentators can be annoying but I think that unless you have an absolute clown of a commentator, anything is better than complete silence.

Wouldn't you miss Andy Hinchcliffe's verbal diarrhoea?

Wouldn't you miss Andy Hinchcliffe's verbal diarrhoea?
He is a strange one,in fact they are all strange come to think of it,the games we have tyler and ratboy i turn them down as much as possible but i can still hear them chuntering away,when we score i turn it up just to hear their pain and how ratboy goes silent for a couple of minutes

Because they want to bore you with whatever other tripe they have coming up. I fucking hate it when they fill a quarter of the screen up during a game with an advert for the next day or weeks games, I just want to watch this one, I’ll worry about that one after.
And as for showing the managers, subs bench, directors or fans.... just fuck off and show the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.