Goodbye A380

I work on the a380 ,decent plane to work on, they are fucking massive planes ,too many passengers for my liking, sometimes there's 800 bags on the fucker, and there's something about female 380 pilots when they do their walk around , they know they've got bigger bollox than all the lads on the ramp hahaha

You've also got a lot of long range, ETOPS rated twin engine aircraft with next gen efficiency. The A380 is a marvellous machine, but it's out of time by a decade now. Which funnily enough is what Boeing claimed at the time and were probably right about - though so much aircraft manufacture is a national pissing contest rather than pure economics.

But the A350/ B787 are the ones that are doing well at the moment. Who knows, there may be call for a superjumbo in the future, but it is unlikely in the foreseeable.
Boeing went ahead with the 747-8 so didn’t follow their own advice. They only have 150 odd orders for that aircraft.

It's one of the few aircraft in recent years that had crowds of people watching its first arrival at an airport. I remember Manchester was mobbed when it first landed there.

Fucking ugly. Too many engines. Hub and spoke philosophy died before the first 380 flew.
But what do i know? I flew the L1011 which had exactly the same flaws (minus the bad looks) just 30 years earlier.

We live by the A380 wing facility at Broughton.. hopefully they can re-purpose it once the demand is gone.. They have only just introduced the Beluga XL also to move A380 wings and other parts by air.. parts that until recently went by barge and converted RoRo ferry

We live by the A380 wing facility at Broughton.. hopefully they can re-purpose it once the demand is gone.. They have only just introduced the Beluga XL also to move A380 wings and other parts by air.. parts that until recently went by barge and converted RoRo ferry
did you manage to see the new Beluga at Broughton today?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.