The Independent Group

Christ alive, it doesn't get any better for centrists does it? That is a proper bunch of reprobates. What was Angela Smith on about?

I have a great deal of respect and sympathy for Berger, I think she's a very good mp who has received terrible abuse online.

But they can all fuck right off. They've just handed the Conservatives power for the next few years when they should be at their most vulnerable.

The far left should have listened then instead of bullying long standing Labour MP’s and members, not opposed Brexit and engaged in antisemitism.

Hopefully the Tories split too now.

What's the benefit of that to their constituents? If they aren't an electable party, with a clear party remit, what alternative are they giving the electorate? Seems a half hearted move to me but maybe it's the first step towards something bigger ie forming a new party or ousting Corbyn?

They want people from other parties to join them, that's the plan at this stage. I'm sure they will do, not least because they'll then want Short Money.

I was more thinking Labour MPs as opposed to Tory, but I'm also expecting a Tory split at some point. It might be the ERG lot, or Soubry's lot, or both, but it's all a bit up in the air at the moment. Brexit and Corbyn have managed to really fuck up both parties.

I rather doubt it. Someone like Soubry is rather out there as far as the Tories are concerned, hence her constituency party being so furious with her. But there's no existential crisis in the Conservatives, merely fury about the leadership's competence.

The far left should have listened then instead of bullying long standing Labour MP’s and members, not opposed Brexit and engaged in antisemitism.

I want shed loads of by elections if possible and resignations from all sides of the house.

Behave yourself, so you are accusing under half a million people as anti-semetic because they are Labour members amd all those that voted for them last GE?

No. But there is no doubt that the party leadership and the people in power within the party are.
Why would anyone wish to be associated with that thinking and those views?
As I said anti-semitism is deeply engrained into the hard left.
A disgusting and disgraceful political party to be associated with.

Oh look, they don't want to stand in by-elections. What a surprise. They stood on JC's manifesto and now they're claiming they were voted in because of themselves.

Given Corbyn himself doesn't agree with Labour's defence policy, that's rather ironic.

What's the benefit of that to their constituents? If they aren't an electable party, with a clear party remit, what alternative are they giving the electorate? Seems a half hearted move to me but maybe it's the first step towards something bigger ie forming a new party or ousting Corbyn?
tenor.gif

I can understand some of their reasons for leaving the party, like Berger's, but not sure what Umunna has to gain by doing this, unless he hopes it'll start a vote of no confidence vote in Corbyn.

Have you seen the record of Labour dealing with anti-semitism problems since JC became leader? I can't remember it now, I posted it here a while ago. But he came in to a back log of complaints that was enormous and they were dealing with them a lot quicker than had gone on before.

What happens online with abuse is disgusting and vile and needs to be dealt with. But it is across all parties against all kinds of minorities, especially islamophobia in the Conservative party.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.