New breed of away fan

I not missed a premier league away game this season and have yet to see what is described above and anyone who knows me will know I one for having a pint on the concourse.

My lad is 19 and his mates (2 of them) who also come to the matches do not act like this. They sing and jump about a bit, but it seems all youngsters are being labelled as idiots.

Be careful in doing this as you could create an actual problem.

The divide could get bigger.
Its not all young fans but it certainly isn't a minority either. As @squirtyflower alludes to its not just the young supporters who have a habit.

I'm what you could call the new breed of away fan. Mid 20's and now luckily able to afford more away days. I understand what your saying but I honestly believe the idiots kicking off are a very small minority. In fact, the only blue on blue trouble I have seen as been guys well into their 40's.

The beer throwing has been going on since I remember going City, but yeah if your sober I suppose it will piss you off getting covered in lager. But been happening at big games for years. Young lads ave always been rowdy at games, it's just now older people tend to make up the most of the away support. I'm not condoning the behaviour or Munich chants at all, but again these have been going on for years. Thankfully the Munich chants are dying out, and I believe they are at an all time low. Unfortunately pissed up people at football games are going to act like dicks. Again I have seen plenty of older blue doing exactly the same. Idiots are idiots.

I do sympathise with the older generation not wanting to have this rowdiness around them, and they are well within their rights. They put the miles and years in supporting well before us. But please don't tar all young lads supporting City away at football as thugs.

Worst incident I've seen was a few years ago coming back from Middlesbrough on the train. Three middle-aged City fans were pissed up and generally antagonising everyone. Eventually they attacked an Irish lad who got on the train at York or Leeds (it was St Patrick's Day ). Yes some kids can act like dickheads but they certainly don't have a monopoly.

Last edited:
I'm what you could call the new breed of away fan. Mid 20's and now luckily able to afford more away days. I understand what your saying but I honestly believe the idiots kicking off are a very small minority. In fact, the only blue on blue trouble I have seen as been guys well into their 40's.

The beer throwing has been going on since I remember going City, but yeah if your sober I suppose it will piss you off getting covered in lager. But been happening at big games for years. Young lads ave always been rowdy at games, it's just now older people tend to make up the most of the away support. I'm not condoning the behaviour or Munich chants at all, but again these have been going on for years. Thankfully the Munich chants are dying out, and I believe they are at an all time low. Unfortunately pissed up people at football games are going to act like dicks. Again I have seen plenty of older blue doing exactly the same. Idiots are idiots.

I do sympathise with the older generation not wanting to have this rowdiness around them, and they are well within their rights. They put the miles and years in supporting well before us. But please don't tar all young lads supporting City away at football as thugs.
Firstly I didn’t tar all young fans as thugs , I know some very decent younger supporters, what I do take exception to is being threatened by pissed young idiots because I and others took exception to being soaked .
I also thought the Munich songs were dying out , but over in Germany I heard them over and over again.
I agree with you regarding some of our older fans being idiots as well but I am on about my recent experiences and by and large I find that it’s mainly the younger fans.

Being a coked up dickhead is not limited to new or younger fans. It's limited to the dickheads who want to get coked up. There are plenty of these dickheads in my generation (mid 40's) and unfortunately dickheads will always behave like dickheads because they are dickheads. Coke and ale just makes them bigger dickheads. Nor is it limited to City fans. Nor is it limited to football. Dickheads can be spotted everywhere.

I don't go to away games anymore, but there are people like this around, in general, so it's not so surprising they appear at football matches.

There was a group of them started randomly shouting vile abuse at me in the street one summer's day, for no reason other than I wasn't with them. They don't know me & had never met me.

They ended up hurriedly jumping in a car & speeding off, when I caught up with them, but some poor defenceless fucker will have got it that day, for sure.

I can't be doing with them.

Being a coked up dickhead is not limited to new or younger fans. It's limited to the dickheads who want to get coked up. There are plenty of these dickheads in my generation (mid 40's) and unfortunately dickheads will always behave like dickheads because they are dickheads. Coke and ale just makes them bigger dickheads. Nor is it limited to City fans. Nor is it limited to football. Dickheads can be spotted everywhere.

Agree. Good post.

My own view is similar:
Dick heads are dick heads - on Coke and beer or not. Young or old.
Nice people can take Coke and drink beer without having fights and going mental.
A lot of people seem to think a couple of lines makes people want to attack anyone left, right or centre! I personally think alcohol is a lot worse for that sort of behaviour.

We both go to lots of away games, but there is certainly an issue around drugs.
I don’t think it’s just confined to younger groups, you see some older fans on it too.

At Everton there were three lads coming out of the toilet cubicle together, maybe they were helping one another have a slash?
At Schalke some couldn’t get into the toilets so just went round the wall and sniffed up in full view.

But I’m not attaching it to the youngsters as some are absolute fine, just as some of the older fans are bellends.

Do you take Coke at away games Squirty? I have never had it. Just curious.

I think the club should do something about it in all seriousness. Some right knob heads and yes they are generally younger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.