TV Series

I thought After Life was just ok, and I'm surprised by the generally positive reaction to it. Story line was far too predictable.

I love his earlier stuff - both live and The Office/Extras, but some of his films, Derek, and his latest stand up were pretty poor in my opinion. Although this was an improvement on those, this felt like a pretty safe format.

The Looming Tower is a really interesting watch. On Amazon Prime. A look at the strained relationship between the FBI & CIA in the lead up to 9/11.

Watched that myself, supposedly a true reflection of the events leading up to 9/11 and if so, very damning of the US intelligence services. Good series

I thought After Life was just ok, and I'm surprised by the generally positive reaction to it. Story line was far too predictable.

I love his earlier stuff - both live and The Office/Extras, but some of his films, Derek, and his latest stand up were pretty poor in my opinion. Although this was an improvement on those, this felt like a pretty safe format.
Agree, I wasnt wowed at all. Seemed forced and the last episode especially was like "ok I've got 20 minutes to wrap everything up". I will say though that he has a great penchant for creating support characters and his casting is superb.

Enjoyed the above mentioned despite another one not being a fan of Gervais.
Thought provoking,poignant and very witty for me throughout,but yeah,apart from the last 20 mins.

just started to watch "The Order" on Netflix, so bad it's compelling, every single character is a stereotype, storyline is astonishingly weak, acting is syfy channel level, apart from that it's very enjoyable

I've come to expect far far better from Netflix Originals

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.