F1 thread - 2019 Season

Just on the 7 tenths part, it was a similar gap in qualifying last year and Vettel won the race. Now admittedly I know how the overall season panned out but it should have been closer so no reason to think it's all over already
One big difference is Ferrari knew what to fix last year, they had a floor issue that was fixed by Bahrain
They don't have any real issues this year and as you note Mercedes still dominated anyway

One big difference is Ferrari knew what to fix last year, they had a floor issue that was fixed by Bahrain
They don't have any real issues this year and as you note Mercedes still dominated anyway

Yeh fair point, Vettel did sound a bit confused as to what had happened in his interviews. I suppose I'm clutching at straws a bit as like you I dont really want Hamilton/Mercedes to totally dominate.

"Here it is. The start of a new exciting F1 season. New teams, new cars and possibly a new champion..."

"Lewis Hamilton takes Pole! As you were folks."

It's 7 tenths pal, absolutely enormous gap.
If I was a betting man I'd stick my mortgage on a Mercedes constructor win & Hamilton win.
Only 3 times over the last 23 seasons has the pole setters car at Melbourne not gone on to win the constructors.
Mercedes are basically the perfect team I think. Their car is incredible, they have the best driver on the grid, very rarely make strategic or tactical errors and there's no confusion in leadership between the two drivers.
I'll be surprised if Hamilton doesn't win it by at least 50 points. It's like watching city Vs lower League opposition
Maybe he's getting more out of his car than Vettel should be out of the Ferrari when it matters, Don't forget the Ferraris have been half a second quicker than any car on the lead up to this grand prix, and expected to win it. Theres actually not much in the betting between Hamilton and Vettel for the title.

11/10 Lewis
7/4 Vettel.

And if you fancy Mercedes for the constructors you can get near enough double your money

5/6 Mercedes
5/4 Ferrari.

So ive no idea why everyone is saying the titles over. Vettlel is actually a shorter price this season than last. Lewis is up against it this season as Martin brundle and Coultard have said, in fact they said he could have an inferior car.

Maybe he's getting more out of his car than Vettel should be out of the Ferrari when it matters, Don't forget the Ferraris have been half a second quicker than any car on the lead up to this grand prix.and expected to win it. Theres actually not much in the betting between Hamilton and Vettel for the title.

11/10 Lewis
7/4 Vettel.

And if you fancy Mercedes for the constructors you can get near enough double your money

5/6 Mercedes
5/4 Ferrari.

So ive no idea why everyone is saying the titles over. Vettlel is acutally a shorter price this season than last. Lewis is up against it this season as Martin brundle and Coultard have said.

Absolutely zero can be read into testing mate, Mercedes sandbag every season before melbourne. I certainly didn't expect to see anything but a merc win this weekend.
The reason everyone thinks the season is over is that we've seen this scenario play itself out over and over again over the last 4 out of 5 seasons, even in the anomaly that was 2016 it was another Merc that won the WDC
I migt have to become a betting man because that look like printing free money too me

Well every single commenter and F1 expert dissagree with you, not one of them expected a Mercedes on pole last week, just like they didnt last season too.

People are getting their excuses in already about Lewis's car being on another level to Vettels, when it isn't, Maybe, just maybe, Lewis is a far better driver than Vettlel, and that's what people cant take.

Well every single commenter and F1 expert dissagree with you, not one of them expected a Mercedes on pole last week, just like they didnt last season too.

People are getting their excuses in already about Lewis's car being on another level to Vettels, when it isn't, Maybe, just maybe, Lewis is a far better driver than Vettlel, and that's what people cant take.

The likes of Damon Hill commented that the Ferrari looks a lot easier to drive at the moment where as the last Mercedes and I imagine this years car will always cook its tyres. I expect Ferrari to be in the hunt tomorrow and the opening few races, be interesting to see what Red Bull do on Sundays as they never have the ability to crank the power up during qualification and get close to the front two teams.

Perhaps those experts are gullible enough to believe Mercedes were slower than Ferrari in testing, doesn't reflect reality and bar some crap driving from Hamilton or bottas, or insane luck for Ferrari it will be a Mercedes driver on the top step tomorrow.

Hamilton is a better driver than Vettel, absolutely nobody disputes that.
That doesn't explain why Bottas was 6 tenths quicker than Vettel though when Vettel is a far superior driver to him, you'd be an absolute nutter to ignore the fact that Mercedes are just on another level to everyone else again

Perhaps those experts are gullible enough to believe Mercedes were slower than Ferrari in testing, doesn't reflect reality and bar some crap driving from Hamilton or bottas, or insane luck for Ferrari it will be a Mercedes driver on the top step tomorrow.

Hamilton is a better driver than Vettel, absolutely nobody disputes that.
That doesn't explain why Bottas was 6 tenths quicker than Vettel though, you'd be an absolute nutter to ignore the fact that Mercedes are just on another level to everyone else again

Then put £6000 on Mercedes and you make £5000 profit. There's plenty of experts who think Ferrari will win the constructors regardless of whats happened this weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.