Should We Prioritise?

Foden wasn't trusted against Swansea. It's over for Foden this season I think.
Why say that ? Foden will get game time in the remaining games. I think we'd all of liked him to start against Swansea but Pep works with these payers every day so must see something and have an idea of what will work against whichever team we play. But Foden will definitely play a part in the remainder of the season.

Foden wasn't trusted against Swansea. It's over for Foden this season I think.

Foden is still learning. He is a highly talented footballer with huge potential but he still has a couple of steps to make. I am sure he will make the grade because what we have seen from him already is more than just promising. What he has been told, if anything, about his future at MCFC, who knows, but he continues to add sufficient cameos to his portfolio that augurs more than just well for his and MCFC's future. Any recent reports on how Jadon has taken the Bundesliga by the throat and given it an almighty throttling? All gone a bit quiet, hasn't it?

Players who if returned from injury should be as fresh as a daisy for the final push

KDB
Komps
Stones
Mendy

add to that the players not on international break and given time off

Silva
Aguero
Laporte

That is two thirds of a full team, who, if fit should be able to give their all in the final run in of all competitions. IMO

Fernandinho will have had a month off too.
Danilo looks very fresh.
Jesus looks fresh.

Sterling & Bernardo are riding a wave. They’d play ever minute if they could.

These players are playing for football immortality. That is all the inspiration they need.

So 13 games in all to worry about?

We have just gone 19 wins from 20 (if you count penalty shoot out) why would we not expect to be able to win all 13 that are left

In fact we can afford to lose or draw one leg of the champions league in qtrs and semi as long as we go through in the other leg, can get to the FA cup final on pens if necessary and as I see the scousers drawing at least one game so can afford to lose /draw ine league game hypothetically.

So I say go for all and worry about one game at a time we can win 13 in a row so let's try.

Last edited:
Fernandinho will have had a month off too.
Danilo looks very fresh.
Jesus looks fresh.

Sterling & Bernardo are riding a wave. They’d play ever minute if they could.

These players are playing for football immortality. That is all the inspiration they need.

I think we can manage some of these games based on the oppo. Brighton at Wembley should not be difficult. Some of the league games are also markedly easier than others.

Champions league are all difficult and compounded by the away goals rule so best 11 for all 3 of the games v's Spurs.

Just take one game at a time and see. The league is priority for me this season. But let’s just see what we can do a domestic treble would be incredible.

Go for everything.
If we pull it off, no team will ever, ever replicate the achievement. And even if they did, it could only be equalled, never bettered so we would be the first and best.
Fans talk about legendary players and teams of old but this would truly mark this group of players out as all-time football legends on a global basis.
They must all be absolutely pumped for taking their place in the history books...

Game management to rest players. We don’t need to keep racking up the goal difference, we just need to keep winning. If we are 3-0 up on 60 minutes make two subs and a third sub on 80 minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.