Serie A 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Video of Kean facing the crowd after his goal.

Well done to the lad — don’t let your teammate’s reactions stop you from continuing on as the role model and hero to many (unlike Bonucci) you are.

Glad we didn't sign Bonucci, he's obviously an ignorant cretin.

What it needs is for team mates to just walk off if there's racism from the crowd. Fuck whatever the manager or crowd say, support your mate and walk off. Racism is completely unacceptable.

Imagine if Raheem was getting abuse from some dickheads in a CL game and Aguero, Otamendi and co just put their arms round him and all walked off. That would be some statement especially on live TV.

Glad we didn't sign Bonucci, he's obviously an ignorant cretin.

What it needs is for team mates to just walk off if there's racism from the crowd. Fuck whatever the manager or crowd say, support your mate and walk off. Racism is completely unacceptable.

Imagine if Raheem was getting abuse from some dickheads in a CL game and Aguero, Otamendi and co just put their arms round him and all walked off. That would be some statement especially on live TV.
I agree with the sentiment!

Unfortunately, the PL would probably count it as us forfeiting the match and award the 3 points to the opposition... they just seem to be looking for any excuse these days.

And I worry about how much “power” that ends up giving to opposition supporters — think of the ultras that routinely stop games by causing crowd trouble or throwing flares/coins on to the pitch. This would just be another abhorrent arrow in their quiver to delay or halt matches unless FIFA, UEFA, and the other leagues and FAs grow a backbone and start banning extremist/racist supporter’s groups en masse (which they should be doing).

I agree with the sentiment!

Unfortunately, the PL would probably count it as us forfeiting the match and award the 3 points to the opposition... they just seem to be looking for any excuse these days.

And I worry about how much “power” that ends up giving to the opposition supporters — think of theniltras that routinely stop games by causing crowd trouble or throwing flares on to the pitch en masse. This would just be another abhorrent arrow in their quiver, unfortunately.

It would be massive PR nightmare if the only outcome of such a scenario was just City being punished with a 3-0 and presumably a fine for forfeiting a league game.

I don't think very highly of the FA, but even they wouldn't stoop that low.

It would be massive PR nightmare if the only outcome of such a scenario was just City being punished with a 3-0 and presumably a fine for forfeiting a league game.

I don't think very highly of the FA, but even they wouldn't stoop that low.
I agree, but are the current rules written to allow them to schedule a replay from the time the match was suspended (after levying punishment to the appropriate entities for the offence) due to players refusing to play in reaction to abhorrent behaviour from the crowd (in this case, racist abuse)?

They should be codified that way, but I am just unsure they are. Which means they would have to flout the current rules to achieve any other result, which is problematic.

The club should follow Raheem’s lead and demand the PL amend matches rules to the above effect.

At that point the players could (rightfully) leave the pitch whenever racist abuse is demonstrably present.

Of course, the rules would need to be written with guards against this being abused, like in the case of a team losing and wanting to have the match replayed at a later time to increase their chances of turning around the tie and so.

I agree, but are the current rules written to allow them to schedule a replay from the time the match was suspended (after levying punishment to the appropriate entities for the offence) due to players refusing to play in reaction to abhorrent behaviour from the crowd (in this case, racist abuse)?

They should be codified that way, but I am just unsure they are. Which means they would have to flout the current rules to achieve any other result, which is problematic.

The club should follow Raheem’s lead and demand the PL amend matches rules to the above effect.

At that point the players could (rightfully) leave the pitch whenever racist abuse is demonstrably present.

Of course, the rules would need to be written with guards against this being abused, like in the case of a team losing and wanting to have the match replayed at a later time to increase their chances of turning around the tie and so.

True, but sadly the FA and PL have shown they need to be forced into action. If Sterling had walked off the pitch at Stamford Bridge with the full backing of his manager and teammates, the backlash and the outcry to do more would be overwhelming and hard to ignore.

Something has to be the catalyst for change. Sterling has already done a lot for the cause, and as a black man, my respect for him has gone up tenfold in the last few months.

I liked that Southgate, when he was condemning Montenegro also highlighted that we also have our own problems closer to home.

True, but sadly the FA and PL have shown they need to be forced into action. If Sterling had walked off the pitch at Stamford Bridge with the full backing of his manager and teammates, the backlash and the outcry to do more would be overwhelming and hard to ignore.

Something has to be the catalyst for change. Sterling has already done a lot for the cause, and as a black man, my respect for him has gone up tenfold in the last few months.

I liked that Southgate, when he was condemning Montenegro also highlighted that we also have our own problems closer to home.

Agree, but actually more than that, Southgate in some distress recognising his own perspective limitations as a white man to be commenting on what should and shouldn't be done was impressive too. And correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.