QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, you might not be the first person to complain about the long walk to Seven Sisters.
From the new away end it was easier too get to Tottenham Hale
We stayed to the end, clapped the three players that could be arsed to come over and then went to the loo.
Then a leisurely dash to the Tube and was in Euston for 22:51
Went for a pint in the station and then strolled back to Kings Cross for a kebab!

De Bruyne and Sane couldn't come on sooner as they were only on the bench as emergencies. Do you really think Pep would have left it until the 88th minute...seriously? When it became apparent that Spurs were tired and settling for 1-0 then with the 6 minutes added on, it made sense to give them a run. Nothing more nothing less!!

We stayed to the end, clapped the three players that could be arsed to come over and then went to the loo.
Went for a pint in the station and then strolled back to Kings Cross for a kebab!

Who were the 3 out of interest?

Gundo had a really good game. I thought he was as aggressive as I have seen him. He really needs to drive forward more in games: he can do it.

Yeah, he played well although having had a look on the player thread you wouldn't think so.

Whilst I agree, is it not better to play a weaker side in the first leg

cheer up pal. Pep is managing the season run-in, we are not running out of steam we are running through the gears and when we need to he will press the turbo boost (knight rider anyone?!) We have a great team and we are on for quad with little more than a few weeks to go! COME ON CITY!!

Debatable really. My view is that the away goals rule means you can either gain or give away a significant advantage. Playing away first, losing and not scoring has meant we've given away a significant advantage to Tottenham going into the second leg. The away goals rule punishes those who play out a tie the way we did yesterday. Spurs aren't one of the best teams left in the competition so I don't think we had to be as conservative in our approach as we were.

Crystal kebab? Tip top they are!

All I know is that Delph is shit. As soon as I saw him starting I knew he'd cost us a goal. Got caught out yet again as a LB, then too busy appealing for the ball going out instead of closing down the man. Pisses me off when players stop and appeal. It's pointless, even more so now with VAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.