Matthijs de Ligt

Little to no chance of getting him, Barca have done great business picking him and De Jong up for what will end up being paltry fees.

Looks like the Flying Dutchman really did leave on bad terms with the Devils.

Mind you he has a sly dig at our defenders too.

Absolute monster, we should go all out for him in my opinion, but think we will be beaten by another European giant to his signature.

Kompany, Otamendi, Stones and Laporte

While currently Umtiti, Lenglet and Piqué. Not sure where the issue is but the other factors at play here are Piqué’s longevity and Umtiti’s knee. Lenglet was bought for depth since we had only 2 legitimate CBs

While Balague is not a credible source, this transfer appears a lock IMHO
One if VK or Ota' won't be here next season. And there is a scenario in which neither will. That said, I'm okay not getting De Ligt. Our like our young guys. Sandler and Garcia.

One if VK or Ota' won't be here next season. And there is a scenario in which neither will. That said, I'm okay not getting De Ligt. Our like our young guys. Sandler and Garcia.
Taylor Bellis has greater potential than both.

That's the thing isn't it, Garcia is someone who surely has been given some sort of confidence he would see some first team appearances soon and he has an excellent profile for a central defender even if it isn't that of De Ligt

But I agree, De Ligt could just as easily suit City perfectly - truth is there isn't a club who wouldn't start him tomorrow. As I have said before, we will be in for very similar profile footballers in the market and for Barca to have a chance we have to hope the player's dream is more Barca than Pep. 7-9/10 that will work perhaps in our favor but it won't in every case

Another typically reliable link
"Barça and Ajax have a verbal agreement for DE LIGT, they have agreed a price that will not exceed 70-75 million euros."

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.