Matthijs de Ligt

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by BlueDejong, 21 Feb 2018.

1. Plain Speaking

Plain Speaking

Strange how he's club captain at just 19, if he's just "meh"!

2. BimboBob

BimboBob

We've lost out on so much talent over the years with this policy. Imagine who would sign for less money and match based incentives.

"Hey Bernardo, want to sign for less money and more incentives?"

"Get to fuck. Where's my 400k a week?"

We have top talents. We buy players who fit the system. Not always "big names."

come-on-barney, ctid1894 and karen7 like this.
  3. nmc

nmc

Agree maybe its not about age but he's NOT a senior player yet. When he's been here 12 months or so maybe but you don't make him the highest paid player in the dressing room as he walks thru the door.

ctid1894 and karen7 like this.
  4. flb

flb

Club captain in a team surrounded by similar aged players , he might be a leader at Ajax but he’d be well down the pecking order at City in those stakes.

5. Murph

Murph

just passing on the opinion of a dutch football fan, someone who has seen him live in plenty of games.

6. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

We can't pay him 250k+ when Laporte is on 60k. Ruining the whole wage structure to get a CB just isn't worth it, he no Mbappe.

Meanwhile #mufc have launched a £70m bid for Matthijs de Ligt and have agreed to pay him £350,000 a week plus agent fees [mirror]
    If true, they haven't learned from Sanchez disaster at all.

BosnianBlue and Murph like this.
  7. Plain Speaking

Plain Speaking

He's senior to all the players at Ajax, he's their respected captain, despite his age, and I am sure he's of the calibre to be captain of any team he joins. I don't expect we are going to compete for him, and it's just a pity IMO.

8. eversince 76

eversince 76

I’m Dutch and watch a lot of football over here. As for the Utrecht fan, I think both De Jong and De Ligt will be great players. Superstars? Well let’s see first if they gel in their future cub first shall we?

De Jong signed for Barca so he is of no interest to me

De Ligt development is impressive. As is his leadership. I’d say. BUY.

Tugay One Cup likes this.
  9. nmc

nmc

Whatever he is or isn't at Ajax - it would be insane after the season we have just had to make a new - unproven in the PL - signing our highest paid player - that would go down like a lead balloon in the dressing room. As good as De Ligt is - and I don't dispute that - he's not worth signing if the cost of signing him is to potentially piss off the rest of the squad and potentially break our dressing room harmony. We need to replace Kompany but we need to think bigger picture as well - if you want to see where irrational decision making gets you - look over the road.

Dax777, karen7 and Murph like this.
  10. Plain Speaking

Plain Speaking

Players should be paid on merit, it sounds like Laporte deserves a rise ;-)