Excel help please

flyer

In a locked spreadsheet, I want the user to be able to tab from one cell to another in an order that I set, not just to the next unlocked cell from left to right.

This will allow you to tab from all the cells in section A of the spreadsheet and then tab between all of the cells in section B and so on. At the moment, when you enter a value in the first cell of section A and then press tab, you move across into section B and so on.

Is it possible to have the tab key move the curser to each required cell in section A until its completed, then move to section B, section C etc

Thanks

In a locked spreadsheet, I want the user to be able to tab from one cell to another in an order that I set, not just to the next unlocked cell from left to right.

This will allow you to tab from all the cells in section A of the spreadsheet and then tab between all of the cells in section B and so on. At the moment, when you enter a value in the first cell of section A and then press tab, you move across into section B and so on.

Is it possible to have the tab key move the curser to each required cell in section A until its completed, then move to section B, section C etc

Thanks
(Right click page)Design view - tools - tab order.

You should be able to change it from there. Laborious though.

Thanks

No idea if this is what you are after.

First part of the video

Thanks for the help everybody especially the sausages. I'll try the other two suggestions over the weekend and let you know how I get on

Thanks again

Sorted it with this, found it on the internet, no idea what it means but putting your info with this I managed to get the result I wanted.

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
Dim tabArray As Variant
Dim i As Long
tabArray = Array("B5", "C6", "D7", "E8")
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For i = LBound(tabArray) To UBound(tabArray)
If tabArray(i) = Target.Address(0, 0) Then
If i = UBound(tabArray) Then
Me.Range(tabArray(LBound(tabArray))).Select
Else
Me.Range(tabArray(i + 1)).Select
End If
End If
Next i
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Just substituted the tabArray = Array cells to the ones I wanted

Sorted it with this, found it on the internet, no idea what it means but putting your info with this I managed to get the result I wanted.

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
Dim tabArray As Variant
Dim i As Long
tabArray = Array("B5", "C6", "D7", "E8")
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For i = LBound(tabArray) To UBound(tabArray)
If tabArray(i) = Target.Address(0, 0) Then
If i = UBound(tabArray) Then
Me.Range(tabArray(LBound(tabArray))).Select
Else
Me.Range(tabArray(i + 1)).Select
End If
End If
Next i
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Just substituted the tabArray = Array cells to the ones I wanted
Fuck me I thought my version was laborious. You were trying to create a data form right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.