1894 Group: We need a big atmosphere next week v Spurs

Got tomorrow off. Meeting a friend I don't usually go with. Having plenty of beers beforehand. Not sitting in my regular seat so not worried what anyone thinks. Going to give it some!!!!

How does that Bernardo song go again...

So much more nervous about tonight knowing that its Ajax next and not Juve. We might never have a better chance of getting to a CL final.

But nervousness for me turns in to standing up all game, singing even louder and pushing our boys on! We can feckin do this!!

So much more nervous about tonight knowing that its Ajax next and not Juve. We might never have a better chance of getting to a CL final.

But nervousness for me turns in to standing up all game, singing even louder and pushing our boys on! We can feckin do this!!
I'd have thought the same until I watched the 2nd half of their game last night. Best 45mins I've seen from a team in ages. I'd have them slight favourites to reach the final if they play us and absolutely massive odds on v bang average Spurs

I'd prefer it if the atmosphere was better than it is for the lesser games tbh but I accept it's not that easy. Cardiff wasn't bad in the main singing areas but it would be nice if we got some more help outside those bits on occasions. Not aimed at you @Eccles Blue because I know you always put in a good shift on the singing front even though you're up against it in one of the quieter areas of the stadium.

But yeah, regarding this game the atmosphere will look after itself and all parts of the stadium will be bang up for this, so we don't need rallying calls from the manager for this match. I don't think it helps that journalists are asking him questions that put him on the spot though.

Some fans need an arm round their shoulders, others respond to tough love, others need their ego's massaging. Pep seems to be giving us the Sane treatment whereas maybe a bit of Raheem might be in order? Come on, really? As a fan base. we're very quick to give Mahrez the bird, when truth be known, our support is a bit "Mahrez". Flashes of brilliance, but too much time on the periphery of the game, and very predictable.

Pep has cut his teeth in the usually sterile atmosphere at Barca and as we know, in Spain fan culture is very different. He went to Germany where cheerleaders & drums are the order of the day. Fan culture is very different in England and he's on record as stating he prefers English stadiums as the fans respond to whats happening on the pitch rather than simply following a song sheet. He seems more engaged with our away support, and as the season has progressed, he's acknowledging the support by coming over with the team at the end of each game.

But, our home support is apathetic at best and, even in my block SS 116, there's not that many up for it. Its all a bit...meh.

So, I think Pep is addressing it now and although the media are baiting him into commenting, he's taking the opportunity to remind us that simply attending the game isn't enough and we need to step it up as the season draws to its conclusion.

Everyone waxes lyrical and goes all misty-eyed at the Hamburg atmosphere, it's down to us to recreate that for every big game. So much so, that Hamburg will be forgotten as one cracking atmosphere amongst many. The fact we can remember that one game says it all really.

Tonight, take the fucking roof off the place. Start to finish. If we do our bit, the game will look after itself.

tonight will be rocking, games like this generate itself. Love games like this, cant wait.

the efforts we put in and for the fans that sing it is frustrating hearing the "come on get it going" because we do every week. Problem is some fans do need reminding, which is unbelievable. Personally the message that is sent out on Pep's behalf is the one that gets me, why don't the PR change it slightly so to say great effort from the singers and the ones that put time in to creating noise, now lets have the rest of the stadium follow suite.

Pep we still don't have a good fan / player bond, put some effort into connecting with fans after games like it was Fulham away, don't slope off down the tunnel.

Anyhow enough of that crap, boos and whistles for the opposition tonight, cheer every ball we win back, belt our hearts out. If you don't like noise don't stand next to me :-)

Some fans need an arm round their shoulders, others respond to tough love, others need their ego's massaging. Pep seems to be giving us the Sane treatment whereas maybe a bit of Raheem might be in order? Come on, really? As a fan base. we're very quick to give Mahrez the bird, when truth be known, our support is a bit "Mahrez". Flashes of brilliance, but too much time on the periphery of the game, and very predictable.

Pep has cut his teeth in the usually sterile atmosphere at Barca and as we know, in Spain fan culture is very different. He went to Germany where cheerleaders & drums are the order of the day. Fan culture is very different in England and he's on record as stating he prefers English stadiums as the fans respond to whats happening on the pitch rather than simply following a song sheet. He seems more engaged with our away support, and as the season has progressed, he's acknowledging the support by coming over with the team at the end of each game.

But, our home support is apathetic at best and, even in my block SS 116, there's not that many up for it. Its all a bit...meh.

So, I think Pep is addressing it now and although the media are baiting him into commenting, he's taking the opportunity to remind us that simply attending the game isn't enough and we need to step it up as the season draws to its conclusion.

Everyone waxes lyrical and goes all misty-eyed at the Hamburg atmosphere, it's down to us to recreate that for every big game. So much so, that Hamburg will be forgotten as one cracking atmosphere amongst many. The fact we can remember that one game says it all really.

Tonight, take the fucking roof off the place. Start to finish. If we do our bit, the game will look after itself.

Top that is Dodge, well said

I'd have thought the same until I watched the 2nd half of their game last night. Best 45mins I've seen from a team in ages. I'd have them slight favourites to reach the final if they play us and absolutely massive odds on v bang average Spurs

Maybe we are bang average. We'll see. But you do have to beat us first before you started discussing your odds of beating Ajax.

Maybe we are bang average. We'll see. But you do have to beat us first before you started discussing your odds of beating Ajax.

Spurs are far better than bang average and nobody should be saying that you are. I get that fans will always show a bit of bias but calling Spurs bang average goes beyond the usual bias for me.

It will be a tough ask turning this round tonight but for once I'm not that nervous and just looking forward to what should be a great game and getting behind the team.

In fairness he clearly discusses both sides chances if they play Ajax.

I also think tonight will be a very close run thing. I think you missing Kane makes you much less predictable & harder to defend against.

Im waiting for the Sky reports on City having sold out their allocations for every remaining (currently) match and what fantastic fans they are.
I won't hold my breath.
They've questioned our loyalty (how fucking dare they knowing where we've come from) - we've answered it.
They've questioned our passion - I suggest that answer will come later and we won't be found wanting.
I'll be hoarse tomorrow as will many I suspect and the little ol Emptihad will be fucking rocking tonight boys & girls.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.