Ederson - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some on here are in denial. Any criticism of Ederson seems to provoke tantrums. Well paddy and stamp your feet all you want. I have had doubts about him for some time. A goalkeeper needs to make saves and command his area especially from set pieces. He makes the odd brilliant save but in general his basic goalkeeping skills fall short. Being able to ping a ball and set up the odd goal is all very well but it will not make up for not first and foremost a great goalkeeper.

There has been a lot of various reasons given on here as to why we lost tonight many correctly flagged up were contributors. Ederson rightly features in peoples thoughts tonight. Spurs keeper made same bloody good saves, Ederson made not one.

I was ridiculed for suggesting that he would cost us in big games a couple of years ago and sadly he is doing just that.

I think some on here are in denial. Any criticism of Ederson seems to provoke tantrums. Well paddy and stamp your feet all you want. I have had doubts about him for some time. A goalkeeper needs to make saves and command his area especially from set pieces. He makes the odd brilliant save but in general his basic goalkeeping skills fall short. Being able to ping a ball and set up the odd goal is all very well but it will not make up for not first and foremost a great goalkeeper.

There has been a lot of various reasons given on here as to why we lost tonight many correctly flagged up were contributors. Ederson rightly features in peoples thoughts tonight. Spurs keeper made same bloody good saves, Ederson made not one.

I was ridiculed for suggesting that he would cost us in big games a couple of years ago and sadly he is doing just that.

What a load of fucking shite

Should have saved 3 of the goals in the 2 ties for me. So many great things about him but you gotta stop them ones
The away goal in the first leg and your first goal last night I will give you but not the illegitimate Llorente one:

Look at that change of direction... turning to his left.... Llorente elbow onto his hip changing trajectory... Ederson stutters... Ederson swipes right blindly.

The use of the elbow was significant, deliberate or not you cannot score with any part of the arm as stated by Clattenburg a CL ref.

Last edited:
The away goal in the first leg and your first goal last night I will give you but not the illegitimate Llorente one:

Look at that change of direction... turning to his left.... Llorente elbow onto his hip changing trajectory... Ederson stutters... Ederson swipes right blindly.

The use of the elbow was significant, deliberate or not you cannot score with any part of the arm as stated by Clattenburg a CL ref.

He couldn't save it but he gave them a corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.