Ederson - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The away goal in the first leg and your first goal last night I will give you but not the illegitimate Llorente one:

Look at that change of direction... turning to his left.... Llorente elbow onto his hip changing trajectory... Ederson stutters... Ederson swipes right blindly.

The use of the elbow was significant, deliberate or not you cannot score with any part of the arm as stated by Clattenburg a CL ref.

If Ederson stands in the middle of the goal he saves it, he made a mistake at Palace too for there free kick, I think Pep started shouting at the goalkeeping coach, I think we need a new goalkeeping coach.

I think some on here are in denial. Any criticism of Ederson seems to provoke tantrums. Well paddy and stamp your feet all you want. I have had doubts about him for some time. A goalkeeper needs to make saves and command his area especially from set pieces. He makes the odd brilliant save but in general his basic goalkeeping skills fall short. Being able to ping a ball and set up the odd goal is all very well but it will not make up for not first and foremost a great goalkeeper.

There has been a lot of various reasons given on here as to why we lost tonight many correctly flagged up were contributors. Ederson rightly features in peoples thoughts tonight. Spurs keeper made same bloody good saves, Ederson made not one.

I was ridiculed for suggesting that he would cost us in big games a couple of years ago and sadly he is doing just that.

Some of you so called Blues want to hang your head in shame!!! Even had some twat slagging vinny last night the fucker would bleed blue blood??

If Ederson stands in the middle of the goal he saves it, he made a mistake at Palace too for there free kick, I think Pep started shouting at the goalkeeping coach, I think we need a new goalkeeping coach.
The middle of the net? He'd have been nowhere near it that was the left of the goal(or right depending where you're viewing from). Either way it was an illegitimate goal.

Last edited:

Nothing he could do there. Seriously, it was nowhere near the middle of the goal.

Haha yeah I conceded that already, could have done better there. I thought we were talking about commanding his box though?

Yes, we did. One game doesn't change that. I could always give you the Pogba's and Smalling's goals from last season's derby if one game is enough. He's good on deep balls and leaves his line fast in those situations, he indeed helped us many times with those, but his not top class on crosses and corners. He's big guy and should pick more balls in the air.

He had it too easy since he came here and (too) much talk about his distribution, but some other aspects of his game are lacking top class quality. He's below both Alison and De Gea on shot stopping rate, he's below both Kepa ad De Gea on aerial duels won rate (though De Gea's probably isn't representative as he rarely goes for them though), he's below Kepa in both passes made in the game and successful passes percentage (that was bit shocking to me when I saw the stats though), he's way below Alison on expected to conceded goals ratio.

He's good keeper, specially for our style of play, but he's not as good as we think and surely not easily the best world keeper as we read often here. He needs to up his shot saving game and bring more saves when you don't expect him to make it to be considered as world class keeper. He rarely makes that. You rarely think - wow, Ederson saved us here and what's worse, there were more of those moments in his early City career, they are becoming scarce these days and conceding goals that could probably be saved are coming more often. If there wasn't to his brilliant left leg, one'd never say - wow, if he only played for my team. We need some magic from him. I love his character, I love his bravery, I love his specifics, but I'd like to see some more basics. We're not conceding too many chances, the team helps him a lot, he needs to give some back with more top saves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.