FA Cup Final - 18/05 1700hrs

It’s frustrating for sure but I’m not certain this is the club’s fault. Judging by the sheer number of £145 tickets that appeared yesterday, it’s possible that these are extra tickets given to us by the FA.

No, they're def city seats from teh start, at every new wembley final (ie shield, league cup, and the 2 fa cups) city always have from the off (and sell from the off) the front 15 rows of 102, 103, and 104 (or the opposite ends equivalent), yet this time only 104 was on until yesterday. There's no way the FA had those seats, they are always part of citys allocation :(

If it was the case they were the fa's (which i just don't believe, no matter how city might try and spin that to avoid the grief) shouldn't they have been greyed out on the planner on day 1 like some other blocks were, to show they were never on sale to us? They're just going to try and cover themselves now :(

Last edited:
They are probably just adding them as they get them and sticking them online.

You can do it fairer if you all want to queue up at a Ticket Office. Who wants that though. It's a lottery really.

There are over 1,500 seats left.

Some of the seats City added this morning are in very central locations right next to Watford. Makes me wonder if these are sourced from the FA?

Edit: Selling very fast!
And now

CW: 445 - Stuck and don't think are going to sell until all else is sold
£145: 712
£115: 6
£70: 1
Total: 1164

No, they're def city seats from teh start, at every new wembley final (ie shield, league cup, and the 2 fa cups) city always have from the off (and sell from the off) the front 15 rows of 102, 103, and 104 (or the opposite ends equivalent), yet this time only 104 was on until yesterday. There's no way the FA had those seats, they are always part of citys allocation :(

I'd be inclined to agree but when you think about it our allocation for this was over 4000 less than for the semi but in all the same blocks as the semi. I think it'd been explained by someone else that for the FA Cup Final some of the seats in the blocks allocated to both clubs are actually neutral seats but tend to invariably end up in the hands of the fans of the participating clubs.

City have now announced that we've received an extra 2000+ tickets so this could be a combo of those that appeared yesterday plus those cheaper tickets that appeared today?

If it was the case they were the fa's (which i just don't believe, no matter how city might try and spin that to avoid the grief) shouldn't they have been greyed out on the planner on day 1 like some other blocks were, to show they were never on sale to us? They're just going to try and cover themselves now :(
I thought to be honest these were FA returns as soon as I saw them.

I thought to be honest these were FA returns as soon as I saw them.

but city have sold these in the previous cup finals (inc the 2 FA cups) early on in the past so they weren't the FA's then. And if they really were unavailable due to being the FA's, city should've greyed out the block like they did with some other blocks on day 1, but the block wasn't greyed out and looked like it was available but sold :( It's just a head fuck, i know i know at least we're all there, but i think it's that i borrowed money to give my mum the cracking day out she deserves while she's still here, and when you qualify on day 1.. yet i just feel cheated now.

I'd be inclined to agree but when you think about it our allocation for this was over 4000 less than for the semi but in all the same blocks as the semi. I think it'd been explained by someone else that for the FA Cup Final some of the seats in the blocks allocated to both clubs are actually neutral seats but tend to invariably end up in the hands of the fans of the participating clubs.

City have now announced that we've received an extra 2000+ tickets so this could be a combo of those that appeared yesterday plus those cheaper tickets that appeared today?

I'm always trying to explain this. We get the same allocation in the stadium for all games - around 35K on the top and bottom tiers. The FA hold a number of these back to give to sell to member clubs who request them. This has gone on for decades. When a member club requests tickets they have to specify which club's half of the stadium they are in.

These returns will be the remainder of these not taken up. They are in our end but weren't sold by City originally.

This is NOT City's fault at all.

From the City website:

The Club has received an additional 2,364 tickets from the FA. The total allocation is now 31,606 with supporters located in the East end of Wembley Stadium.
This is not entirely City's fault if the FA onlylet them have the tickets without prior notice, however, if I was a fan who forked out for the more expensive seats over the past few days I'd be livid.

but city have sold these in the previous cup finals (inc the 2 FA cups) early on in the past so they weren't the FA's then. And if they really were unavailable due to being the FA's, city should've greyed out the block like they did with some other blocks on day 1, but the block wasn't greyed out and looked like it was available but sold :( It's just a head fuck, i know i know at least we're all there, but i think it's that i borrowed money to give my mum the cracking day out she deserves while she's still here, and when you qualify on day 1.. yet i just feel cheated now.
Within each block though the FA have seats they try and distribute. It's unfortunate. You acted on the information you had at the time. City perhaps knew that there were more tickets in the pipeline but if they had said so it would have stopped the sales process. Would have helped you though.

I reckon City's communication is quite poor. They could explain the process a lot clearer, and even now I suspect that there are 'Cityzens' completely unaware that the last of the tickets are being sold today because City just updated an old news story rather than put out a new story, but that's the City web-site for you. It's really not very good. I think they should do it in-house rather than rely on a commercial partner.

I'm always trying to explain this. We get the same allocation in the stadium for all games - around 35K on the top and bottom tiers. The FA hold a number of these back to give to sell to member clubs who request them. This has gone on for decades. When a member club requests tickets they have to specify which club's half of the stadium they are in.

These returns will be the remainder of these not taken up. They are in our end but weren't sold by City originally.

This is NOT City's fault at all.
I saw your comment a few days ago about this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.