UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be being a bit thick here. I thought UEFA already classed the Etihad deal as through a related party. As such they adjusted it to fair market value, or deemed it as fair market value at the time. Where Etihad get their money from is neither here nor there if they've already classed it as a related party, UEFA already consider this to be a sponsor owned by our owners! As for City's accounts - they must be OK or HMRC would be all over them! So I don't understand what UEFA are accusing us of, that we haven't already been punished for.

Its also interesting that a few months ago Jim Ratcliffe one of the UK's richest men was linked with the purchase of a football club. It doesn't matter if it was true or not his possible interest was seen as beneficial and positive. He successfully operates within limited companies so does not have to bend to shareholders whims every 12 months and nothing wrong with that. However, a large part of his business interest are oil related but again this must be clean oil as none of the media raised any objections at the time.
Yet our owner who bailed out Barclays during the banking crisis saving the taxpayer billions is somehow tainted.

HH is used for Sheikh Mansour . This is a link to the government web page
https://uaecabinet.ae/en/details/cabinet-members/his-highness-sheikh-mansour-bin-zayed-al-nahyan
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs His Highness Sheikh Mansour

HH also used for the UAE president Sheikh Khalifa
https://www.government.ae/en/about-the-uae/the-uae-government/government-leaders

HE His Excellency is for lower position such as Khaldoon Al Mubarak
His Excellency Khaldoon Khalifa Al Mubarak
https://eaa.gov.ae/en/pages/chairman-executive-affairs-authority.html

Makes even less sense that Mubarak would cover the differences?

Correct, "financial doping", a phrase invented by the manager of the first PL Club to take money from a UAE state government owned company, years before City received a penny from there.
This thing has always cracked me up.

For example, Barça/Bayern fans and CEO talking about dirty oil money of PSG while they enjoy(ed) the Qatar Airways money. But, the difference is for them it is a sponsorship, so the money is well earned, while for your club it is ownership, so it is despicable.

Very thin margin, isn't it !

From what I had seen in the media, talked about in pubs etc without ever having heard the City side, is that you were dining out on Mansour's "Oil money".

My understanding was that FFP meant you could only spend what you earned through commercial revenue. Shirt sales, tickets, sponsors etc. The impression that I've been given from the media is that Sheikh Mansour has been financing player purchases from his own pocket using inflated sponsorship deals as a cover and that sort of thing.

Obviously there is a lot more to the issue than I originally thought and hearing from certain posters on here has certainly altered my view.

Read this

https://boltfromtheblue.live/2019/05/14/are-city-really-facing-a-potential-champions-league-ban/

Sorry if this has been asked but don't want to read all 495 pages.
i read earlier that the reason UEFA made the announcement today was because of a five year period and if this elapsed past the Five years then they can not bring a case due to the time period .
Can someone clarify if this is true?
If it is true then haven't UEFA pissed on there chips?
The original charge and sanctions was issued 16th May 2014 therefore as no charge has been issued today and only referred to CFCB have UEFA already missed the boat and should have charged us today not refered?

All well and good but do you realise he’s an Arab and using dirty oil money. Unlike the wonderful Sir John Moores who encouraged poor people to gamble, on the pretence they could win loads of money, and used his profits from it to bankroll LFC
thank-you, i did not know that.
so what was his "quality" for being Knighted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.