Full Backs?

I think the only problem I can imagine Pep having with him is height. There is a concerted effort to focus on height this window it seems.

But I'd definitely love Angelino back.
It makes sense considering we are a small team. But we have dealt with it well these last 2 seasons. Zinchenko isna great inside fullback but it would be nice to have fullbacks bombing down our flanks as an option again. Mendy is simply broken in my eyes.

It makes sense considering we are a small team. But we have dealt with it well these last 2 seasons. Zinchenko isna great inside fullback but it would be nice to have fullbacks bombing down our flanks as an option again. Mendy is simply broken in my eyes.
Mendy for 1 more season to see if he can get past the injuries, if not, Angelino time.

We can't take a risk like that, a potential transfer ban looming, we have to sort out 2 full backs this year, IF Danilo does leave. Left and Right side.

That's not going to happen. We dont have the squad space for a start.

1 fullback at most.

Would not be surprised if we signed Dani Alves at RB by the way.

Pep thinks he's the best RB of all time, he's 36 but could teach a lot to any of the fullbacks at the club. No one before or since has nailed down what a Guardiola fullback is like Alves.

The role Danilo is leaving is tiny - 4 or 5 league starts - and if Frimpong and Alpha are genuine talents then 1 year learning from Alves while they develop a bit would be invaluable.

Turned us down 2 years ago, but then again, Laporte turned us down as well. It would be a cheap way to fill RB in a summer when we have much bigger priorities.

Would not be surprised if we signed Dani Alves at RB by the way.

Turned us down 2 years ago, but then again, Laporte turned us down as well. It would be a cheap way to fill RB in a summer when we have much bigger priorities.
It was not just that he turned us down it was the manner in which he turned us down and then disappeared off to PSG. Laporte was staying with his first club. I would be amazed if we signed Alves.

It was not just that he turned us down it was the manner in which he turned us down and then disappeared off to PSG. Laporte was staying with his first club. I would be amazed if we signed Alves.

I genuinely don't think Pep will give a shit. Alves' new wife said she had to stay in Paris, he went to Paris.

- He still thinks Alves is the best RB in history.
- Still playing at a high level.
-It would fill a hole in the squad cheaply.
-Alves could teach Alpha, Mendy, Zinchenko, Frimpong and even Walker, a hell of a lot about the position.

There's no point letting hurt feelings from 2 years ago get in the way of a transfer which could have a very positive impact on the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.